Talk

Advanced search

To think this mn pregnancy sex advice is fucking outrageous?

(117 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

ICuntSeeYourPoint Mon 24-Oct-16 20:11:00

I was just reading the MN 9 weeks pregnant page to find out how the baby's doing this week, and found the following offensive horse shit advice:

"But you need to stay close to your partner because pregnancy is not necessarily a uniting experience: one of you is pregnant and the other is not. Pregnancy can be quite lonely - your body is changing in unfamiliar ways and you may no longer be the independent, sexy woman you used to be. Tell your partner how you feel (on a need-to-know basis), be affectionate and try to have sex if you feel even vaguely interested."

What the fuck?! If you're even vaguely interested, open your legs and let your husband have a go! You can lie back and think of England while your dh satisfies himself using your vagina as some kind of wanking vessel - if you don't mind awfully. Are you fucking serious?! Do you think this will strengthen my relationship? Having sex when I don't particularly feel like it as some kind of favour to my partner (as if he'd want that)! AIBU or is this fucking gross and really terrible advice?

reallybadidea Mon 24-Oct-16 20:12:27

Is this 1954 or what?

YANBU

ghostyslovesheep Mon 24-Oct-16 20:13:11

shit that is awful

what the actual fuck HQ?

Smartleatherbag Mon 24-Oct-16 20:13:26

Yanbu. That's fucking vile.

legotits Mon 24-Oct-16 20:14:02

YANBU

BumWad Mon 24-Oct-16 20:14:20

thlshock

Oh dear MN.

usual Mon 24-Oct-16 20:15:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Masketti Mon 24-Oct-16 20:15:30

Ha ha ha. At 9 weeks I was throwing my guts up. Super sexy. YANBU.

user1471517900 Mon 24-Oct-16 20:15:34

It's not brilliantly worded but it clearly doesn't say to do it when not interested! It also doesn't say to not enjoy it or "use as a wanking vessel" either.

Maybe I'm being naive but I can see what it's trying to say here (perhaps clumsily).

Nectarines Mon 24-Oct-16 20:15:42

you may no longer be the independent, sexy woman you used to be.

What? As soon as you're pregnant you are no longer independent or sexy? Ok then.

BoinkAlongQuietly Mon 24-Oct-16 20:16:27

WTAF?

That's just bizarre confused

LineyReborn Mon 24-Oct-16 20:16:36

Bloody hell. Who wrote that?

Smartleatherbag Mon 24-Oct-16 20:16:50

Yes, at 9 weeks, I had a drip in for HG. I don't think sex was on my, or dhs, mind!

Piehunter Mon 24-Oct-16 20:16:58

Plus the "tell them how you feel, on a need to know basis" best not gross them out with details of your morning sickness, it'll only affect their enjoyment of the unwanted sex wondering I'd you're going to vomit on them.

BeyondReasonablyDoubts Mon 24-Oct-16 20:17:33

Yep, here it is. I was hoping it might be in an email or something not directly affiliated with mn

www.mumsnet.com/pregnancy/calendar/9-weeks-pregnant

BoinkAlongQuietly Mon 24-Oct-16 20:18:03

What is it "trying to say" user?

Why, at any time in One's life should one "try to have sex"? confused

MummyToOneGirl Mon 24-Oct-16 20:18:28

I personally don't agree with this advice but I really don't think it's worth ranting and raving over. Surely there are more important things to worry about for heavens sake? hmm

dinosaursarebisexual Mon 24-Oct-16 20:18:43

Bloody hell.

FlipperSkipper Mon 24-Oct-16 20:18:46

Everything about that is hideous! What are they thinking?!

BeyondReasonablyDoubts Mon 24-Oct-16 20:20:01

Blah blah blah find something more important to worry about etc etc

If it's not important, there's no need for it to be mentioned on there at all smile

legotits Mon 24-Oct-16 20:20:23

Fucks sake Mummyt1 if we can't complain about that, here, what's the point of mnet?

SeparatedByMotorways Mon 24-Oct-16 20:21:12

Jeez. That is dire.

MarciaBlaine Mon 24-Oct-16 20:22:10

WTAF? Has this turned into Netmums?

53rdAndBird Mon 24-Oct-16 20:22:14

" Having sex and trying to stay close There are some women (allegedly) who have better sex than ever when pregnant. Pregnancy hormones intensify the pleasure they get from sex. If this is your experience - and you are not too sick and knackered to go for it - then you are lucky indeed. Many women feel rung out and sick. Sex is one chore too far.

But you need to stay close to your partner because pregnancy is not necessarily a uniting experience: one of you is pregnant and the other is not. Pregnancy can be quite lonely - your body is changing in unfamiliar ways and you may no longer be the independent, sexy woman you used to be. Tell your partner how you feel (on a need-to-know basis), be affectionate and try to have sex if you feel even vaguely interested."

So you'll probably feel exhausted and sick, but you should try to have sex anyway to 'stay close' to your non-pregnant partner? Seriously?

BeyondReasonablyDoubts Mon 24-Oct-16 20:22:36

Last time something similar was spotted, it was amended quite quickly. Fingers crossed this will be the same as I'm sure nobody at mn wants "lie back and think of England" affiliated with their site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now