Talk

Advanced search

To ask what would you do?

(7 Posts)
MoonStar07 Mon 24-Oct-16 14:48:46

I have received a message from an entirely random person on Facebook to say my cousin's husband has been cheating on her. There are no facts. The person messaging me is showing as living in the same town as my cousin. It simply says 'X has been cheating on his wife with my girlfriend'. My cousin had a baby 4 weeks ago. The profile of the 'boyfriend' seems genuine. I don't know why I've been messaged? Maybe other people have been messaged too? I've decided not to say anything. It might be that my cousin already knows and they've sorted it out between them? I don't think it's my business. I just feel really sad for my cousin if her husband has been or is still cheating on her and they have a new baby.

FlyingElbows Mon 24-Oct-16 14:51:41

I don't know why but a bell has just gone off in my head and I'm sure I've read this exact scenario before via fb and it's a scam. I could however just be bonkers and totally wrong.

Maudlinmaud Mon 24-Oct-16 14:54:36

I would totally ignore that. Even if its not a scam you don't want that drama..

user1477282676 Mon 24-Oct-16 14:57:22

There was a thread on here about some scam involving a similar contact. Ignore...block and ignore.

Has this man got actual friends on FB or are they all randoms?

myownprivateidaho Mon 24-Oct-16 14:58:29

Ignore I think. Not your place to get involved, even if it's true.

Stormwhale Mon 24-Oct-16 15:01:43

I would reply stating simply that I did not wish to be involved, and they should contact the people who are directly affected by it.

MoonStar07 Mon 24-Oct-16 15:10:09

I've responded to say I don't know who you're talking about. That's it. It seems a genuine profile. But could be a load of BS too! It could be a scam too as some have mentioned. I'll try find the 'scam' thread maybe it will have similarities

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now