Talk

Advanced search

To ask what happened to the

(10 Posts)
Charlie97 Mon 24-Oct-16 06:36:42

Hot water for baby's bottle in Costa thread?

It's gone!

Also, I don't seem to get the deletion notices? Is it because I'm using an iPhone app.

I'm very nosey and would like to know why threads are pulled!

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Mon 24-Oct-16 06:41:21

Deleted to protect poster's privacy. I use the mobile version. I can see deletion messages via browser history even if I haven't posted or watched.

JosephineMaynard Mon 24-Oct-16 08:41:33

I don't see how that reason works in this case.

I was on that thread and none of the OPs posts looked to have anything particularly identifying in them.

SpaceUnicorn Mon 24-Oct-16 09:05:15

It does seem as if 'privacy' issues are repeatedly invoked when a poster decides they didn't like the responses or just don't want their hanging around anymore hmm

JosephineMaynard Mon 24-Oct-16 09:51:59

Quite.

Maybe MNHQ should bring in a message that says something like "deleted because poster got upset about too many people saying YABU" for threads where there's no real issues with privacy.

Charlie97 Wed 26-Oct-16 06:01:26

Hmmm not sure how that could be identifying! I mean there's a Costa on every high street or more even!

Odd!

Charlie97 Wed 26-Oct-16 06:21:26

I found I need to be in browser version to see the deleting messages! (Nosey me!)

Groovee Wed 26-Oct-16 06:37:20

The OP outed herself on FB by her thread. I was able to find her complaint on social media!

Charlie97 Wed 26-Oct-16 06:45:33

I see, I hadn't thought of that option! Social media can be a nightmare! X

NavyandWhite Wed 26-Oct-16 06:58:10

How is it a privacy thing?
Bollocks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now