Hotel would not accomodate mum with two children

(98 Posts)
jane2364 Sun 23-Oct-16 12:48:39

Am I wrong to be outraged at the Holiday Inn Regents Park, London for not being able to cater for a mother and two children? They do not have family rooms (at any time) and would not allow an interconnecting room, saying an adult had to be present in both rooms. This is the first hotel that I have encountered that just had no solution for this.

dancemom Sun 23-Oct-16 12:49:46

If they don't have any family rooms then choose a Hotel that does??

expatinscotland Sun 23-Oct-16 12:51:12

And you're 'outraged'? It's London, find another hotel. There are thousands of them. They don't want families there, obviously. So go somewhere else.

Bailey101 Sun 23-Oct-16 12:51:15

If they don't have family rooms, they don't have family rooms. I don't see the issue, why not book somewhere that does have what you need?

JoJoSM2 Sun 23-Oct-16 12:51:21

I understand it's annoying but if they haven't got an appropriate room then that's that...

IfartInYourGeneralDirection Sun 23-Oct-16 12:51:50

Just pick another hotel?
Being a mother doesn't make them able to magic up rooms for you

anyoldname76 Sun 23-Oct-16 12:51:53

just go to a hotel that does have family rooms.

ghostyslovesheep Sun 23-Oct-16 12:52:22

it's a totally common hotel policy up and down the land!

Which is why, when I travel with my 3 I choose a hotel that has family rooms

SuperFlyHigh Sun 23-Oct-16 12:52:34

Their hotel their rules!

Remember it's West End most of their clientele will be couples or business people.

Find another hotel.

Cheby Sun 23-Oct-16 12:53:02

It is a bit weird. But as PP said, London is not short of hotels so you'll find an alternative.

MrsHathaway Sun 23-Oct-16 12:53:56

If they don't have any rooms for more than two occupants, they can't magic one out of the manager's arse. Similarly it's completely reasonable to require that an adult be in each room. Two very good fire safety rules.

We have had excellent family rooms at Premier Inn and Hilton hotels (our most central London Hilton was Paddington iirc, since we rejected the most £££ options).

You are wrong and shortsighted to be outraged though you would not be at all wrong to be slightly annoyed that they don't have suitable rooms.

c3pu Sun 23-Oct-16 12:54:09

If there wasnt room for you at the inn perhaps you could have stayed in the stable?

YABU. They didn't have any suitable rooms, find one that does.

Farmmummy Sun 23-Oct-16 12:54:14

Eh? I thought the idea of interconnecting rooms was parent/parents one room and if the child or children were old enough they were in the other? Clearly my parents and grandparents were doing it wrong

SmallBee Sun 23-Oct-16 12:55:46

Not all hotels cater for families, in fact that can often be a major selling point for them.

Book a hotel that does and save your outrage for something outrageous.

MrsHathaway Sun 23-Oct-16 12:56:08

Farm - I assume the ratios were right so they could maintain a fiction grin

MoveItMoveItMoveIt Sun 23-Oct-16 12:57:54

Is there a reason why you have to be in that hotel? Businesses like hotels have to cater for the disabled but not families. That's their choice. I think you seem to be confused and think it's your right to have whatever you want wherever you go. Just choose a hotel that suits your family.

dingdongdigeridoo Sun 23-Oct-16 13:00:16

What a shame there are no other hotels in Regents Park that'd be more suitable for your situation. Much better to be outraged.

ComputerUserNotTrained Sun 23-Oct-16 13:01:37

Lots of hotels don't have family rooms. It's hardly an outrage.

MaryField Sun 23-Oct-16 13:02:25

That's true. I thought the main point of interconnecting rooms was to accommodate families.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Sun 23-Oct-16 13:03:21

How old are your kids?

Manumission Sun 23-Oct-16 13:04:01

They're clearly not keen to be seen as family friendly.

Do you need alternative recommendations? The MN hive mind could probably help.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sun 23-Oct-16 13:04:30

Marriott at Regents Park have rooms with two doubles.

Nocabbageinmyeye Sun 23-Oct-16 13:05:02

You make it sound like this story should feature a donkey, a star, a heavily pregnant woman and three wise men! I expected to log in and find you had been turned away in a storm or something dramatic

Just go somewhere else or assuming the rooms have a double and a single them give the kids the double and take the single? Hardly worth a second thought not to mind your outrage

NapQueen Sun 23-Oct-16 13:05:19

Ask if a rollaway bed can be provided in a twin room?

Find another hotel?

insancerre Sun 23-Oct-16 13:05:21

Is it the only hotel in London?
No?
Then what's the drama?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now