Talk

Advanced search

aibu to push forward with complaint?

(21 Posts)
mynachos Sun 23-Oct-16 02:28:16

went to a well known holiday caravan park for a 5 day break with df.and ds. in late september, had a lovely time overall including decent weather. 2nd day ds age 2 as playing in park on site wen he fell in dog? dirt. no.worries as we were close to caravan so just washed.and changed him then got on with our day. on the last day while packing away caravan ds was playing up and getting under our feet. df finished packing while i took ds to the park to get him out of the way and have one final play before 3 hour journey home. can you belive it he goes down the slide into more dog dirt (i thought it was the safety bark). to say i was fuming was a understatement. df took ds to the public toilets and practically striped him to make sure he was clean before dressing him in clothes he had already wore previously as we had nothing clean.i complained to the front desk.and they providied me with bags to put dirty clothes in. they assured me the complaint would be taken seriously and i would probably be offered compensation for the clothing etc. i received a letter two weeks later stating checks had been.made of the park at 9am. our incident happened at 10am. we were unlucky but these things happen. AIBU to not stand for this. i contacted the parent company and complained via email to receive the same standard old sorry you felt your holiday was clouded by this.unfortunate incident. no concern shown for my ds health or well being. for all tbey know he ate the damm s**t! so angry as i feel they the season is dying down and staffing is bviously scaled back. should i comtinue forward with my complaint or just drop it now?

MidniteScribbler Sun 23-Oct-16 02:31:56

Shit happens.

kiwigeekmum Sun 23-Oct-16 02:35:12

YABU.
Most kids will get mucky at some stage in their life. It's gross for you to clean up, for sure, but hardly a big deal in the scheme of things.
It's hardly the park's fault that irresponsible dog owners didn't clean up after their dog. You complained, they apologised, not much more you can do now.
Time to move on.

ThatGingerOne Sun 23-Oct-16 02:39:04

MidniteScribbler grin

Yakitori Sun 23-Oct-16 02:43:50

It's pretty disgusting but I'm not sure what you are expecting by way of response.

Did you say how you expected them to resolve the complaint when you wrote the emails? What do you want from them?

mynachos Sun 23-Oct-16 02:52:55

I think the fact in the letter they got my name wrong. Got the name of the park I stayed in wrong. Said they were sorry about my D.D getting dirty.....was my D.S. Just seemed to me they churned out a run of the mill letter and didnt take it at all seriously. Maybe I was too precious but twice in four days is unfortunate. I know they cant monitor all dog and dog owners but it was the health and safety aspect that concerned me. I work in care and have seen both staff and service users fall ill when exposed to excrement....... sounds like im alone with this concern

LegoCaltrops Sun 23-Oct-16 02:54:13

How do you believe they coukd have prevented this? Given that you couldn't.

LegoCaltrops Sun 23-Oct-16 02:54:42

Sorry, typos. Damn tablet.

Pluto30 Sun 23-Oct-16 02:58:42

What exactly do you want them to do about it? It's dog poo. They can tell people to pick up after their dogs, but it's really out of their control.

So yes, YABU.

mynachos Sun 23-Oct-16 03:03:20

LegoCaltrops im not sure really. I got chatting with a family thw first night in the clubhouse and ahe had sais she complained to the reception as age noticed the dog dirt in the park. I.suppose i feel they were already aware of this issue and werent on the ball. its obvious i ABU. thanks for comments

mynachos Sun 23-Oct-16 03:04:25

lots of typos. tired...... should go to bed

monkeysox Sun 23-Oct-16 05:17:16

Play area should have a fence round it. That's grim

MissMargie Sun 23-Oct-16 06:13:01

Something in dog dirt can cause blindness - so they shouldn't shrug it off. They need to be seen to be making efforts to stop dogs getting into play park.
It's their lack of interest which is not ok.
I would write a letter but don't rant, list risks attached to dog dirt in park, demand payment for cleaning bills or whatever. I'm not sure who you can complain to to get them to shape up.

Giselaw Sun 23-Oct-16 06:20:04

"How do you believe they coukd have prevented this? "

Like every other public playground I have ever visited in this country - put a fence around it and signs saying no dogs allowed. And given it's a private park you're paying to use, have staff make sure either no guests with dogs do enter it, or check area for excrement every hour on the hour.

Bloody unacceptable to advertise as a family oriented place and have dog shit in a play area.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Sun 23-Oct-16 09:23:10

missmargie if you are thinking of toxoplasmosis it's cats.....

SoupDragon Sun 23-Oct-16 09:30:14

Fences won't stop foxes.

Pettywoman Sun 23-Oct-16 09:35:43

Not cats. Dog shit can cause blindness.

ThePinkOcelot Sun 23-Oct-16 09:37:02

Disgusting. I would be furious.
Dogs should not be allowed in the play area. And should not be allowed off lead in the whole holiday park area IMO. I think more the fault of the scruffy irresponsible dog owner though.

noblegiraffe Sun 23-Oct-16 09:40:53

It's worms in dog poo that cause blindness.

I don't understand how people are saying it's not the park's fault like they have no control over their facilities. I've been to numerous parks with my DC and never seen dog poo in them.
Did the park have a fence and a sign saying no dogs? Were there clear signs around the park saying clear up after your dog? Were dog bins provided?
If not, then it's absolutely the fault of the park.

mynachos Tue 25-Oct-16 09:40:28

there were two parks on site. the larger one had a fence but the little one did not. guess which one we went to? [hmm im not against dogs staying in the park at all. but keep them on a lead and for gods sake clean up after them. if the owner dis not see it s**ting on a slide then they obviously werent propearly suprvising them........ im still so upset

wowwee123 Tue 25-Oct-16 09:42:47

no help but star midnight hahàha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now