Talk

Advanced search

To find this behaviour from colleague/friend annoying?

(9 Posts)
Waanderlust Sat 22-Oct-16 10:10:24

We were suppose to go out and get food at nandos straight from work.

They then decide that they feel gross and want to go home, have a shower and change their clothes ... and then go for food.

(We have dress down Friday's at work btw)

They did the same last time we went for after works drinks. They took 2 hours to get ready.

I understand if it the places we were going to you needed to dress up ... But a pub and a fast food chicken place then I think .... Really? hmm

Strongmummy Sat 22-Oct-16 10:12:35

Erm, a bit annoying, but not worth bothering about

Giratina Sat 22-Oct-16 10:12:57

Was it just the two of you or a group? If there were a few of you I'd just get on with what the plan was and let faffy colleague catch up when they're ready.

Soozikinzi Sat 22-Oct-16 10:15:37

I would find that annoying as well it's much easier to stay out than go back home and then go out .But not enough to fall out with them just annoying xx

SaucyJack Sat 22-Oct-16 10:16:48

It's annoying for you I s'pose, but I don't think there's anything wrong or weird in what they're doing.

Some people like to have ten minutes to themselves to re-charge at the end of the day. The shower is the symptom- not the cause.

Waanderlust Sat 22-Oct-16 10:19:22

It was just the two of us getting food, so it either meant me waiting around doing nothing or driving home to turn back around.

Waanderlust Sat 22-Oct-16 10:20:25

Some people like to have ten minutes to themselves to re-charge at the end of the day. The shower is the symptom- not the cause

It's not about recharging. They will take a minimum of 2 hours to get ready.

Confusednotcom Sat 22-Oct-16 10:21:08

Ask what time they want to meet or suggest a time if you know what they're like and do something with the two hours or so that you have free. If they want to reset themselves before a night out it's up to them. What did you do last time while you were waiting?

ChuckBiscuits Sat 22-Oct-16 10:32:09

Can you go with someone else instead? Then leave as she turns up?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now