Talk

Advanced search

How does anyone get to be this stupid?

(16 Posts)
ZuleikaDobson Sat 22-Oct-16 00:22:46

www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teenage-meninist-sparks-fury-anti-9067035

Quote:
"I saw a post about ending tampon tax and I was so annoyed I had to have my say.

"People are saying tampons shouldn't be taxed because they are a necessity but why can't those women just learn to control their bladders?

"If they are going to bleed then they should wait until they get to the toilet. It's all about self-control."

Fauchelevent Sat 22-Oct-16 00:27:18

Quite easily if you never actually educate boys on anatomy other than their own.

Had a 21 yo man inform me that actually, not all women have clits and it could be a myth. Not g spot, no. The clitoris. It's not shocking to me at all considering the things men around me, and the men in the lives of women i know, have come out with.

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Sat 22-Oct-16 00:30:41

I was explaining to my DH about my mooncup and he asked "do you take it out when you wee?" And he has watched me give birth!

There was a thread not long ago on here where people didn't realise the wee was from a different hole

JellyBelli Sat 22-Oct-16 00:31:52

Its 2016 ffs! shock

pictish Sat 22-Oct-16 00:33:35

The lad's a wind up merchant. He's pulled similar stunts before. He likes the attention.

rumbelina Sat 22-Oct-16 00:34:31

Katie Hopkins-lite

Lorelei76 Sat 22-Oct-16 00:35:03

I'm with you OP
I thought ot was a joke, a bizarre one, but now I think it's true and I just don't understand that level of stupid.

SansasEscape Sat 22-Oct-16 00:38:08

Did you read the interview with the boy in the student paper?

He is very obviously (looking for a better word than thick, slow, not all there etc, apologies). I feel a bit sorry for him that its all blown up like this really. I'm not sure that he'd have fully understood even with a very good education.

rumbelina Sat 22-Oct-16 00:38:28

But...I had a friend at that age - v intelligent, lovely guy, but thought periods were a little spurt of blood once a month, over in a few seconds. He had never been told, he was 😱😱

ItsJustNotRight Sat 22-Oct-16 00:39:07

Essex boy - needs to learn to exercise his brain and control his mouth. Still got to be a wind up hasn't it?

SansasEscape Sat 22-Oct-16 00:45:19

Ahh found it - thetab.com/uk/2016/10/20/spoke-anti-tampon-tax-guy-told-women-just-hold-bladder-23156

WorraLiberty Sat 22-Oct-16 00:50:49

Essex boy - needs to learn to exercise his brain and control his mouth. Still got to be a wind up hasn't it?

Yes because if he was from any other county, he would be right? hmm

ItsJustNotRight Sat 22-Oct-16 00:55:18

Oh my, if that's for real I could cry. How can sex education be so sodding useless, what the hell are schools teaching?

Lorelei76 Sat 22-Oct-16 01:02:13

Yes, what are schools teaching?!

Rum, how can anyone with half a brain think that all those sanitary products are sold for a tiny spurt of blood?!

ItShouldHaveBeenJessCastismas Sat 22-Oct-16 01:21:10

Meh, don't give him the air time folks, or he'll be on Celebrity Big Brother next year.

QueenLizIII Sat 22-Oct-16 01:41:55

They had this on Orange is the New Black

You'd be surprised what people dont know

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQJlXF50KI

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now