Talk

Advanced search

I have just watched the first episode of the new Black Mirror

(18 Posts)
bumblebee50 Fri 21-Oct-16 18:53:15

It's so scary. Has anyone watched it? Do you think this is actually the way we are all going to be in the future with social media or do you think it's just taking it a step too far? I actually think teenagers now live their lives through Facebook etc. In fact by posting this here am I part of the whole thing?

CatThiefKeith Fri 21-Oct-16 19:09:09

I'm refusing to watch it on the grounds that someone I knows daughter is an extra in it and her constant bragging has put me right off! grin

Mrsemcgregor Fri 21-Oct-16 19:11:41

What's it available to watch on?

AndNowItsSeven Fri 21-Oct-16 19:12:31

What's it about?

GardenGeek Fri 21-Oct-16 19:14:33

OMG! I thought it would be on after watershed, but here was me forgetting there is no such thing as airing on netflix!

Woooo!

I may be wrong but a quick internet browse is suggesting all 6 episodes may be available NOW.

If so, see you in 6 hours grin
...with a blown mind

alfagirl73 Fri 21-Oct-16 19:17:51

Sounds interesting and my kind of thing - will check it out!

While on the subject of recommendations - and apologies for hijacking the thread - but if you're on Netflix, check out Designated Survivor - it's SUPERB!

bumblebee50 Fri 21-Oct-16 19:17:52

It's on Netflix - think it originally aired on Channel 4. Lots of different stories - the one I'm watching just now is about social media. It's so true to life and it's scary because they are so plausible and you can see that the scenarios could actually happen in the future. It's a must watch.

Binkybix Fri 21-Oct-16 19:21:06

They filmed some of this series by my house! Going to check it out when (if) this baby goes to sleep

fourquenelles Fri 21-Oct-16 19:24:44

Charlie Brooker is the Nostradamus of the 21st century and his prophesies are coming to fruition in our immediate future. The man is a genius.

bumblebee50 Fri 21-Oct-16 19:27:38

Couldn't agree more fourquenelles - the observational skills are amazing.
My god, Binkybix - you're famous.

Ice3 Fri 21-Oct-16 19:35:30

Spider warning for episode 2.

Boysnme Fri 21-Oct-16 19:46:20

Watching it right now! It's very scary!! I wondered too if this is what our life would be like in the future!!

ollieplimsoles Fri 21-Oct-16 19:48:24

See you in six hours!!! Woo hoo!

I LOVE black mirror!

Tastesjustlikecherrycola85 Fri 21-Oct-16 20:51:06

Like the look of it but haven't seen any previous series, will it matter or is it one you need to watch from the beginning?

Ice3 Fri 21-Oct-16 21:17:04

No they are all stand alone episodes. The earlier ones are definitely worth watching though.

ArcticMumkey Fri 21-Oct-16 21:19:52

I love and am terrified by Black Mirror in equal measure! He's a genius.

I always feel like we are <this> close to them being reality.

GardenGeek Mon 24-Oct-16 19:17:59

wow, watched 4 now: Nosedive, Shut up & Dance, Play Test & Men against Fire.

My favourite was either Men against Fire or Nosedive.

Loved Men against fire because of the big twist and it was a real scary horror thriller; then turns into a psychological thriller.

Nosedive could so easily be 20 years from now if we allow facebook to take over the world

Play test was my least favourite ending, as was a bit confusing what actually happened in the end.

Shut up & dance was gripping, but got a bit too dark in the end too.

Overall though wow, I am going to watch the 1hr 30 one tonight grin

Destinysdaughter Wed 08-Mar-17 19:45:30

Just watched the first one of this series and I feel like I've been through the wringer! Wow, I could totally see this happening, what an effective ( and chilling ) way to control pp, could totally see it happening!

Charlie Brooker is both visionary and evil genius...

Can't face watching another one yet, need to process this first shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now