Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I am fecking raging.

(7 Posts)
bumblebee50 Fri 21-Oct-16 17:39:28

This is an update on a previous post about my recent cruise with my husband when the toilet hardly flushed and we had to use the public toilet on the floor about. After lots of messages to the tour operator they are now saying that I should have complained to a rep and not the receptionists who are not employed by them. Has anyone been on a cruise and actually seen a rep? I asked them who they actually employed on the ship as I had complained to both cabin stewards on numerous occasions. I asked them if they expected me to knock on the captain's cabin door. Do you not think that if someone is working on reception and wearing a badge with the tour company name on it that I would be fully justified in thinking they were employed by the tour operator?

SirChenjin Fri 21-Oct-16 17:42:34

How on earth are you supposed to know that??! Did the receptionist not direct you to the right person?

fc301 Fri 21-Oct-16 17:42:37

Total bullshit!

User100 Fri 21-Oct-16 17:45:54

Unless the receptionist directed you to them that's their problem. Which company was this with?

Topseyt Fri 21-Oct-16 17:46:35

Sounds like a load of crap to me.

I have never been on a cruise but I would have thought that the most logical people to report to work be the cabin stewards or the receptionist.

bumblebee50 Fri 21-Oct-16 17:52:07

I said to the receptionist on at least three occasions to lodge my complaint, which she said she had done. I told her I was going to write and complain on my return from holiday. I was never told to approach any rep (never saw one). The company is Thomson's. So basically what they are telling me are that the staff aren't employed by them - that's comforting.

SabineUndine Fri 21-Oct-16 18:00:47

I think so far as the ship's concerned, they are just a floating hotel and they will not deal with complaints. But my experience is that cruise companies will give you the runaround if they possibly can. I had similar with a cruise company, it was a cruise + hotel stay and my complaint was about the hotel, having arrived on the Thursday, after the cruise. Hotel's attitude was 'not our problem'. I couldn't get hold of the rep because it was in Egypt and Friday is their holy day. Ended up emailing the company in the UK and of course they weren't in the office Saturday or Sunday. Got a reply on the Monday saying the rep would talk to me on the Tuesday. So he's offering to sort out the problem Tuesday evening, when I'm flying back home on the Thursday. I was furious, ruined a very special holiday for which I'd paid a small fortune and their attitude was clearly that a woman holidaying on her own wasn't worth the steam off their shit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now