Talk

Advanced search

to pull a sicky?

(7 Posts)
cjt110 Thu 20-Oct-16 11:26:40

Having a really shitty time lately at work and with my MH.

All I want to do is pull a sicky, stay in bed all day, and just have some time to myself.

I have no holidays left and rarely am off sick - usually work from home if I'm ill.

unpackyoursuitcase Thu 20-Oct-16 11:29:59

Is there any way at all you could start to get ready and see youfeel then? You may feel more able to push through the fog.

Peach9876 Thu 20-Oct-16 11:30:07

My DP was on about having a sick day, he's been very run down recently, full of cold that I caught a about 5 days after him and I'm about 90% better and he's still suffering. He went in anyway. I think it was because I told him if he's off sick he isn't doing any work from home. He always does when he's off and it's annoying that he's working but not getting paid for it.
To me that (like yours) isn't pulling a sicky. Sounds like you need it! MH is an illness and if you need a day to recoup I think you should be able to. If you can wait until the weekend (or a day you don't work) then wait of course but if you NEED it rather than want it...

cjt110 Thu 20-Oct-16 11:34:18

Im already at work unpack Thats why I want to go home! Its dead as a dodo and people are just being arsey with each other and Im fed up of listening to it.

My weekend will be spent with DH tomorrow sorting his bike for selling which means it'll be me and DS(2). Unsure about Sunday but likely similar.

Last night I went to the supermarket ON MY OWN and listened to my music whilst shopping I may have even danced in the aisles a little

Pickanameanyoldname Thu 20-Oct-16 11:39:34

You sound throughly bored and fed up at work rather than unwell.

If you genuinely feel unwell then go home sick.

If you just feel a bit fed up or that you can't be arsed, then "pulling a sicky" is a slippery slope where MH is concerned.

cjt110 Thu 20-Oct-16 11:41:35

Pick I think you are right. Im bored of the monotony and drivel of the day. I've been signed off work before for "exhaustion" aka MH and it was so tempting to get signed off for further time off.

ARGH.

Imnotaslimjim Thu 20-Oct-16 11:45:52

Sometimes, we do need to just curl up and hide from the world, even if just for a day. I hole up roughly once every 6 weeks and I find my MH much improved because of it.

There is still such a stigma behind MH illness but it is an illness and needs as much leeway as having a headache or a sprained ankle does. If you think having a day to yourself, being quiet and still will help, call in sick and do it. hopefully, it will help you feel more settled. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now