Talk

Advanced search

Please knock some sense into me, feel a bit weird about woman taking photo of my child

(10 Posts)
shopaholic999 Wed 19-Oct-16 17:25:54

I am more than prepared to be told to chill out..honestly I am.

Was at dcs after school activity today with other parents and another mum took a shine to 8m dc who I was holding.

When activity finished, mum and myself got chatting and she then asked to take a photo of him as she thought he was cute. I agreed because I was quite suprised (didn't show it though) and thought it was harmless, but now I've come away, I feel a bit odd thinking I should of said no.

Is this a normal thing these days? She was really polite and friendly.

Please tell me I'm being stupid to feel a bit weird about it all.

Maybe I'm not unreasonable to be 😏 About her trying to sell me mlm products as she noticed a small eczema patch on dcs face!

HereIAm20 Wed 19-Oct-16 17:32:21

In those circumstances I wouldn't have.

She was trying to sell products to clear his eczema. Maybe she will photoshop his picture and use them as a before and after for her products!!!

OurBlanche Wed 19-Oct-16 17:33:45

Nah! Find her fb page and see if she uses that picture to try and sell her product concern to others! Them MLM people can be weird!

I was talking to Friends A + B when Friend C came in. Conversation got round to FL, A asked about the bottle C was carrying. I sort of managed to get between them and change the subject and C left

A+B asked me why I had been so abrupt, C had only been talking.

So I asked why she was carrying a 2pint bottle of Aloe Vera Miracle Cream round town with her? She wasn't trying to sell it apparently, she was just taking it for a walk???? grin

idontlikealdi Wed 19-Oct-16 17:36:41

A few times I have had Japanese tourists ask if they could take photos of my ID twins when they were younger. They have been fascinated by them and the first couple of times I said yes because I didn't know what else to say and I was a bit shocked. The next few times I politely said no. They don't get asked anymore now they're older thankfully.

WyfOfBathe Wed 19-Oct-16 17:43:55

I would find that very weird. I might take a picture of friends' DC doing an activity with my DC (even if mine weren't in the picture) but of a stranger/acquaintance's child? confused

Like other PP said, if you know her FB/website I would check she isn't using it for marketing.

TroubleinDaFamily Wed 19-Oct-16 17:49:34

I was in a park in a large city with my sister and our children, a passing tourist took a photo of my DN, in fairness he was about seven and super cute. grin

I threw the head, followed him and made him delete it in front of me, my sister appreciated my vigilance but couldn't get excited about it. To this day her reaction still boggles me. confused

So no you didn't over react. IMO

shopaholic999 Wed 19-Oct-16 17:52:06

I do have her business card so I'll keep my eye out for out social media pics confused

user1471855186 Wed 19-Oct-16 18:08:06

That's weird.

Lules Wed 19-Oct-16 18:11:22

I've had random tourists take photos of my son (they have usually asked first). I think maybe it's because he's blonde with very big bright blue eyes, but no idea really. I don't mind, but I can completely see why others would.

shopaholic999 Wed 19-Oct-16 18:33:37

Lules, my dc is the same, blonde blue eyed.

She's a mum from school so it's not like I won't see her again. Think I'll email Her politely asking not to use photo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now