Talk

Advanced search

To expect customer service from Wickes to continue after I've paid them?

(4 Posts)
BasinHaircut Wed 19-Oct-16 16:47:57

Long story short, had a £12k kitchen from them fitted in June/July. Cannot fault the salesman or the fitter, but we had an appliance that was damaged and so fitter requested a replacement that was not delivered before the fit was complete so we agreed that he would fit it when he came to do any 'snagging'. That was back in early July, do you think I've managed to get hold of the replacement yet?

I've probably spent over 2 hours total on the phone, even had to send photos in of the appliance so they can send the right replacement part. First the order wasn't placed (even after I'd been told it would be delivered on a specific date), then the order 'got lost' at the suppliers, then the wrong part was sent, then it went out of stock.

Any requests for updates have been ignored. All promises to call me back have not been fulfilled. What a joke. Ever since we paid them they have not given a stuff.

AIBU to expect that after spending £12k with Wickes, they should ensure that issue is resolved? Such a shame as apart from this I would have totally recommended them.

Anyone want to place a bet as to whether this is sorted by Xmas?

RavioliOnToast Wed 19-Oct-16 16:50:15

Can you not ring CAB? They might be able to advise on your next steps?

BasinHaircut Wed 19-Oct-16 16:53:45

Well I'm currently waiting for a call back but I need to do something if this doesn't resolve soon as I'm sick of it. Just want it finished and can't believe the amount of effort it is taking.

I'm guessing they bank on people giving up and line their pockets with the proceeds

BasinHaircut Wed 19-Oct-16 17:28:47

Ok so I've had the same conversation with Wickes customer services 3 times today and been promised 3 return calls - none of which have happened. Fuming!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now