Talk

Advanced search

To post DM story re hair extensions

(8 Posts)
elizadolittlechoc Wed 19-Oct-16 04:50:02

I have commented before about the casual way hair extensions are discussed on MN in the name of beauty. No fan of DM (insomniac reading) but there is a lot of truth in this article worth thinking about.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3849708/The-shadowy-human-cost-1-200-hair-extensions-style-obsessed-women-t-live-without.html

elizadolittlechoc Thu 20-Oct-16 10:04:38

Does no one care?confused

2014newme Thu 20-Oct-16 10:06:00

Not all hair extensions are made of real hair.

AliceInUnderpants Thu 20-Oct-16 10:15:51

1) People are much more likely to click on a link than to copy and paste.
2) It's the Daily Mail.
3) The article is extremely long, boring and repetitive.
4) You haven't actually said what you want people to 'debate' as such.
5) Maybe just no-one cares!

toastytoastbear Thu 20-Oct-16 10:21:54

what Alice said

Livelovebehappy Thu 20-Oct-16 11:21:23

It's sad of course, but there are so many 'sweat shops' in the world, and we can't solve the entire world's problems unfortunately. The ladies donating their hair do so in the name of religion, so that's a choice thing. The workers sorting the real hair to sell on get a pittance, but if people have a problem morally with buying extensions which have been harvested this way, then they just need to research where their intended purchases are manufactured, and avoid those which they think are exploiting people.

Omgkitties Thu 20-Oct-16 11:29:27

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought people have always been well aware of where the hair is coming from and just ignored it. I know that was definitely the case for me and a lot of the people around me whilst in school.

Dramallamamama Thu 20-Oct-16 11:33:25

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought people have always been well aware of where the hair is coming from and just ignored it

That's always what I thought as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now