AIBU to be offended by my son's opinions on my music taste? (light-hearted)

(14 Posts)
BowieFan Tue 18-Oct-16 19:28:38

DS2 has got big into Vinyl recently. Me and DP being the lovely people we are decided to gift him some of our old LPs to build up his collection. Obviously, DS2 was thrilled to bits to be given Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, AC/DC etc.

I got mine out and apparently he's not interested in Jason Donovan or The Osmonds! In his words, "Sorry mum, but they were a bit rubbish even then!"

AIBU to be offended? grin

Soubriquet Tue 18-Oct-16 19:30:03

Yes. Black sabbath, iron maiden and AC/DC are fab and always will be

Jason Donovan and the osmonds..not so much grin

MetalMidget Tue 18-Oct-16 19:30:08

Your son's taste in music is ace.

Yours... not so much. YABU. ;)

bestofbothhovis Tue 18-Oct-16 19:31:12

YABU, I agree with him wink
If it's any consolation I'm not keen on the others either!

BowieFan Tue 18-Oct-16 19:47:00

I will have you know there has never been a better song than "Crazy Horses" FACT! grin

I love Especially For You as well. I have no shame.

Soubriquet Tue 18-Oct-16 19:48:38

Very obviously have no shame grin

SaucyJack Tue 18-Oct-16 20:04:55

I just put Especially For You on YouTube to see if it was as bad as I'd remembered.

The cat walked over and bit me.

tanfield90 Tue 18-Oct-16 20:10:18

At least the Osmonds were talented musicians, singers and songwriters. Jase, bless him, was little more than SAW's latest pretty-boy mouthpiece.

bestofbothhovis Tue 18-Oct-16 20:25:01

The Osmonds were just featured on the One Show (and by just I mean whenever the one show was on tonight). At least I think it was them

Soubriquet Tue 18-Oct-16 20:29:28

I guess your cat has a high opinion on music there Saucery

Soubriquet Tue 18-Oct-16 20:30:44

Saucy **

BowieFan Tue 18-Oct-16 20:48:43

I love Especially For You. I'm pretty sure it might have been the first CD I ever bought.

Too Many Broken Hearts is a classic as well. I refuse to change my opinions on this. Although I did listen to Soft Cell recently and blimey, they're not as good as I remembered them being!

heychick Tue 18-Oct-16 20:54:35

The same thing has just happened to me! DS walked off with Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Golden Earring etc - and left behind all the New Seekers albums. What? He was polite about it though - just some quiet sniggering as he walked through the door...

BowieFan Wed 19-Oct-16 17:19:20

heychick

There's a theme here. That theme being that the children are wrong, not us... grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now