AIBU to panic that every time I see a wedding thread that it's about my wedding

(12 Posts)
RestlessTraveller Tue 18-Oct-16 12:41:29

Children are invited and there is a private room provided for the two breastfeeding mums attending.

It's on a weekday but we given plenty of notice and will understand if people can'5 make it

It's in the middle of nowhere but there is accommodation at a very cheap rate again we understand if people don't want to come

Venue will cater for every choice of food requirements

We've provided entertainment for the 'lull' when photo's are being taken

We've paid for the bridesmaids and best man outfits

There are NO POEMS!

Yet every time I see a wedding thread on here my heart sinks!

Farmmummy Tue 18-Oct-16 12:48:09

If your invited guests don't come I will op! A rural wedding where I can bring my DCs I'm in! Seriously you sound like the most considerate couple organising a wedding ever if a thread appears about your wedding it will be all positive

Bitofacow Tue 18-Oct-16 12:53:38

Me too. I'm there. Got my kids and will send my gluten free, vegan food request in.
Can I bring a dog?

butterfliesandzebras Tue 18-Oct-16 12:58:28

Hahaha!

I had this too. Every time I saw a 'aibu about this wedding' type thread in the run up to, and shortly after my wedding I had to read them at least til I got to an identifying feature that assured me it wasn't a guest/ bridesmaid/etc of mine complaining about my wedding!

Paranoid or what? I guess there is so much pressure to do weddings 'right' and not offend people. I hope people at mine had a lovely day smile

RestlessTraveller Tue 18-Oct-16 13:01:10

Actually Bitofacow dogs ARE welcome at the accommodation! We just decided not to have them at the ceremony because ours will run around like a lunatic!

RestlessTraveller Tue 18-Oct-16 13:02:14

Awww thanks Farmmummy!

Bitofacow Tue 18-Oct-16 13:02:29

I don't actually have a dog I just want to bring one.

AmeliaJack Tue 18-Oct-16 13:04:41

Don't worry, it's quite natural paranoia.

I open the Sister and SIL threads with vague trepidation and I get on very well with my family!! grin

RestlessTraveller Tue 18-Oct-16 13:11:20

Oh god, after my wedding I will be a SIL. Another can of worms!

AmeliaJack Tue 18-Oct-16 15:37:43

Oh yes.

You could potentially be unreasonable DIL too of course.

Just make sure you buy them thoughtful Christmas presents and write nice thank you letters and you'll be fine. grin

Fluffsnuts Tue 18-Oct-16 15:39:15

Well, is it on 4th November?

RestlessTraveller Tue 18-Oct-16 17:39:38

Fluffsnuts No, it's not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now