To ask what annoying habits your boss or colleagues have

(61 Posts)
bumblebee50 Mon 17-Oct-16 20:24:54

I had a boss who was an absolute twat. He was a lazy wee sod and hardly did any work. Anyway if he was pointing something out to me he would point with his index finger and pinkie. All I could imagine was taking a massive axe and chopping his fingers off. I know it's a bit extreme but it drove me insane. I used to go back to my desk and type swear words just to calm myself down. What annoying habits drive you insane?

luckylucky24 Mon 17-Oct-16 20:28:09

I had a colleague who when having a conversation would just stand there saying "umm yeah, yeah. " Never had much to actually put forward but didn't not want to join in I guess.

My boss used to call me "little girly" I am 27 and married with 2 children FFS. Very patronising!

Thatwaslulu Mon 17-Oct-16 20:28:48

I have just started working in our London office after 8 years of being based in the Midlands. I have found the most annoying thing the way that meetings never start on time - if a meeting is arranged for 10am, say, I will be there a couple of minutes early, but my colleagues will saunter in any time between 10 and 20 minutes later. It really winds me up and I'm told it's just 'London time' but I get the rage.

AntiHop Mon 17-Oct-16 20:30:37

One of my colleagues is constantly singing and humming. We work in a big office and when someone's mobile phone rings, he sings the mobile phone tune in response. Drives me crazy.

BewtySkoolDropowt Mon 17-Oct-16 20:31:23

I had a boss who would come into my office in the morning and would talk about her children for 20 minutes. As soon as I mentioned mine she would stand up and say she needed to get on with her work.

Bibs2014 Mon 17-Oct-16 20:32:23

Young girl in my office yawns loudly and stamps her feet, as well as generally being loud - drives me bonkers !

DanGleballs Mon 17-Oct-16 20:33:59

One sings to herself.

The other is frightfully well spoken. She says "yes" about 50 times each phone call. It drives me insane listening to her, she sounds like the dog in the Churchill Insurance advert.

I hate open plan offices.angry

OhTheRoses Mon 17-Oct-16 20:34:27

I once worked with someone who bitched up everyone. I knew my time would come. It did. Her incompetence got found out though.

BennyTheBall Mon 17-Oct-16 20:35:22

I thank God I mostly work from home or out of the office as there is a bloke in the office that I could kill quite easily.

He is really loud. He talks with his mouth full. He drinks milk straight from his cereal bowl. He licks the lids of yoghurts. He whistles. He blows his nose at his desk. He loudly voted Brexit.

I hate him.

realises I may have ishoos

ilovesooty Mon 17-Oct-16 20:36:38

None. I really like my boss and my colleagues and enjoy working with them.

I did have a manager some years ago who prowled around behind people and used gangster language. He was a king sized tosser but we don't get many of them.

Freedom2016 Mon 17-Oct-16 20:36:39

Attends my meetings, then totally preempts the core message of my presentation or negotiation in their 'introduction' Why cant they just stop at Hi Im freedom's boss or freedom's colleague. Why do they always ramble on and steal my bloody thunder every sodding time.

RaeSkywalker Mon 17-Oct-16 20:39:00

Whistling. Gives me the rage.

TataEs Mon 17-Oct-16 20:41:03

my Dh has recently started in a new office, at there's a colleague who, every day at 3pm, says loudly but to no one 'oh 3pm, must have my yoghurt'
for reasons beyond my understanding this drives my Dh insane with fury and rage hmm

SealSong Mon 17-Oct-16 20:43:59

Where do I start. Big open plan office so there is no escape.
People who constantly nip out for a fag and walk back in past my desk reeking of fag smoke.
People who bite their nails making wet nibbling noises...uurgh
People who chew gum with their mouths open making squelchy noises
Pen tappers
People who ring a number and let the phone ring on speakerphone until someone answers
People whose mobiles are constantly making annoying popping or whooshing noises
People who think whistling in an open office is an ok thing to do
People who talk loudly over the heads of several others instead of actually going over to the person they wish to speak to

Can you tell I hate my office environment?? Luckily I can escape and work in the community most days.

bikerlou Mon 17-Oct-16 20:44:25

When I worked in an office I almost always sat next to someone with nervous tics, that's becasue I am phobic about nervous tics. If there was a head twitcher, nose tweeker, weird noise maker I would be sat next to them.
My immediate neighbour was fearsomly efficient and would type loudly and fast all day with false nails on so all you could hear in bed at night was the echo of false nails on keyboard tapping in my dreams.
Anyway I had to leave there before I ended up in her majestys for axe murder and now work in the NHS doing clinics on my own all day - heaven. I only have to tolerate people in the monthly meetings which is just about bearable.
The only thing I can't stick is when people come into my clinic and whistle - intolerable.

KC225 Mon 17-Oct-16 20:44:27

Must have my yoghurt. The fact it drives your DH mad is funny

SealSong Mon 17-Oct-16 20:45:29

Jeepers mine was quite a list blush
I do have some sensory sensitivities (and a low tolerance for twats)

bikerlou Mon 17-Oct-16 20:46:00

That would drive me mad too Tataes - I would surely shriek fuck you and your yoghurt after 3 days.

bumblebee50 Mon 17-Oct-16 20:46:28

Ha ha Sealsong don't think you were meant for an office environment.

bumblebee50 Mon 17-Oct-16 20:47:58

And of course you get the ones that are so busy rushing around trying to look has if they're working that they never actually do anything.

OhTheRoses Mon 17-Oct-16 20:48:28

sealsong I know what your speciality is. Another thread. Your assessment concurs with my opinion of those who work on your area. bunch of lazy bastards sorry.

SealSong Mon 17-Oct-16 20:49:42

Lol @ yogurt person.

How more stabbings don't happen in open offices I do not know.

My headphones maintain my sanity (just)

JellyBelli Mon 17-Oct-16 20:50:21

I had a barely literate supervisor who was all wind and bluster. She used to talk in such an obnoxiously loud voice it gave me a headache. She would say 'How do you know that', with the emphasis on 'you' so it was an insult.
'How do you know that?'

(because I fucking listened in staff training.)

Whisky2014 Mon 17-Oct-16 20:50:48

People eating apples. People who dont cover their mouth if they cough or sneeze. People who talk loudly

Blueberry234 Mon 17-Oct-16 20:50:51

One of my colleagues irritates me by just existing. Everything she does annoys me from how she talks, smiles and makes a fuss about everything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now