Ched Evans radio debate provokes outrage on Twitter.

(11 Posts)
HelenaDove Mon 17-Oct-16 18:13:20

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ched-evans-rape-verdict-bbc-radio-scotland-phone-in_uk_5804cfbce4b0e982146d05b0

Unbelievable. A certain man from a certain party was part on the phone in.

WTAF was this phone in even meant to achieve. Im ............i dont know what else to say sad angry

HelenaDove Mon 17-Oct-16 18:13:53

part OF the phone in.

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Mon 17-Oct-16 19:03:18

Bit disappointing really (understatement)

I have seen her as a presenter and thought she was ok allowing MB to spew his crap was bang out of order

I wasn't too incensed at Matthew Wrights segment on it this morning though

HelenaDove Mon 17-Oct-16 19:11:48

I thought they might cover it as well. Might take a look on catch up later.

lemonymelanie Mon 17-Oct-16 19:28:59

I was listening to this phone in this morning and had to turn it off.

Actually I do this frequently with Call Kaye. Radio Scotland is my default morning news station and it comes on after the news - but this morning it made me feel sick.

HelenaDove Mon 17-Oct-16 19:37:09

Im down in Essex so i didnt hear it but what i saw on Twitter and in the linked article gave me enough of an idea.

What on earth was she thinking............asking MB confused

Dontpanicpyke Mon 17-Oct-16 20:43:38

Sorry whose MB need a clue!

There was a similar one on radio 5 live today and a bloke phoned in to say the woman's morals should be looked at to get the full picture. angry

Dontpanicpyke Mon 17-Oct-16 20:45:31

Sorry yes got him. Oh dear what a twat.

Tarla Mon 17-Oct-16 20:46:23

MB is the leader of a party that champions the rights of men against nasty, mean women because, as we all know, the men have been sidelined for years now.

lemonymelanie Mon 17-Oct-16 20:51:38

I'd like to think it was perhaps at best naivety on the part of the production team, but I rather think they were deliberately being the broadcast equivalent of goady fuckers.....if you see Kaye Adams response to the criticism of the programme she talks about strong, decisive and unpalatable views - and says - do what the texters and callers did, join the conversation.

So really, they know what they are doing - platforming contentious studio guests - audio clickbait - people react, the switchboard "lights up" - "engaged" listeners, happy producers. Job done.

Totallymyownperson Fri 18-Nov-16 20:34:33

I didn't like the views expressed on show. But in one way I am glad it was aired because it shows why the rape conviction rate is so low. The people calling in were ordinary people exactly the type of people who sit on juries. Everyone says it's difficult to get convictions as u can't prove beyond reasonable doubt but I think juries just don't care and blame the victim

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now