Talk

Advanced search

Donald Trump: Why has he not been arrested?

(17 Posts)
Green18 Mon 17-Oct-16 14:41:10

Just that really. Why is he not being investigated over those womens' claims? How is he still representing The Republican Party? Am I missing something?

wasonthelist Mon 17-Oct-16 15:25:02

I dunno either - maybe it's due to the more complex legal system - State vs Federal etc. Maybe cos he's rich and famous - that seems to work here too.

fakenamefornow Mon 17-Oct-16 15:30:12

Maybe the women haven't made a complaint to the police?

myownprivateidaho Mon 17-Oct-16 15:44:29

Well whatever you think of him (and I think he's a fascist scumbag) I think it would be pretty bad for democracy to arrest a presidential candidate. Also, arresting someone is only for when you think they might abscond or commit another come. As for charging him-- again I'd say it's not in the public interest at this stage. Different story if he loses of course.

PigPigTrotters Mon 17-Oct-16 15:46:11

Isn't he in court in December, for assaulting a 13 yr old? Who had witnesses?

ClopySow Mon 17-Oct-16 15:46:34

Maybe they haven't gone to the police. Or if they have, i suspect a huge amount of evidence gathering has to be done before they can make an arrest.

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 17-Oct-16 15:48:45

I think it would be excellent to charge a presidential hopeful. Possibly it would stop people thinking you can be a President and a criminal. Something that appears to have escaped many of them.

eternalopt Mon 17-Oct-16 15:49:19

I'd like to see him arrested just after he hopefully has to concede the race and acknowledge Hillary has won. Odious man.

neonrainbow Mon 17-Oct-16 15:51:45

I thought the title said assassinated.

Green18 Mon 17-Oct-16 16:53:48

Even if the police have not received a complaint, how come The Republicans have not removed his mandate to run for President? can't imagine a similar situation here being able to continue given all of these seedy accusations.

Boundaries Mon 17-Oct-16 16:55:17

😂 rainbow

I think he's going to court, isn't he?

MaudGonneMad Mon 17-Oct-16 17:02:32

Also, arresting someone is only for when you think they might abscond or commit another come.

This isn't true, is it?

wasonthelist Mon 17-Oct-16 18:11:16

can't imagine a similar situation here being able to continue given all of these seedy accusations.

Indeed. If by "here" you mean the UK, we usually have to wait until our politicians and celebrities are dead to find out what groping scumbags they were, due to our draconian libel laws, not shared by the USA.

myownprivateidaho Mon 17-Oct-16 18:18:26

maud yes in the UK it is. www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1984/60/section/24
No idea about the US.

myownprivateidaho Mon 17-Oct-16 18:19:35

If you're arrested on suspicion of having committed a crime the arrest may be necessary for one of the reasons listed in the statute.

MaudGonneMad Mon 17-Oct-16 18:23:32

No that statute doesn't support what you posted - that arrest in the UK is only to prevent further crimes or absconding.

The link states that arrests can be made to allow the investigation to be conducted.

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Mon 17-Oct-16 18:25:00

If Hillary is to be belived; Trump is not very wealthy? Hr ia faking it. Trump gives the impression that he is very wealthy (probably borrowed and stacked debt). He believes that, while people believe that he is wealthy, he can do whatever he wants because money is power. Why haven't any of these women spoken out and made a formal complaint against Trump?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now