We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If the dr at the hospital told me to rest.

(32 Posts)
ThisUsernameIsAvailable Sun 16-Oct-16 22:17:31

And husband is off work.
What do you think I should be doing?

I'm at risk of a hospital stay, it's happened before

AdoraBell Sun 16-Oct-16 22:20:01

Resting.

What do you think you should be doing? And did the Doc say bed rest, or just not doing too much?

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 16-Oct-16 22:21:00

Jeremy kyle and chocolate 🍫

Imnotaslimjim Sun 16-Oct-16 22:22:21

Feet up on the sofa, with a duvet and some crap on the TV to watch. DH should be doing his utmost to keep on top of the house so you aren't stressing about it and feeling like you have to get up and do it. I understand if he works but even working full time doesn't stop you flicking a cloth around a loo, throwing some washing on or washing up a few dishes.

Let me guess, he's either doing nothing or complaining about the lack of meals cooked or housework done?

Soubriquet Sun 16-Oct-16 22:24:13

Laid in bed or on the sofa with trashy telly and some snacks

Not lifting a finger

Ditsy4 Sun 16-Oct-16 22:24:15

No jk they will admit you!
Yes you should be resting feet up

Wishforsnow Sun 16-Oct-16 22:25:12

In bed watching TV or reading with DH popping up to see if there is anything you need. If you have kids I would expect they may do movies with you or something but if boisterous then DH would take over. What are you being expected to do?

Ohdearducks Sun 16-Oct-16 22:25:34

Well you rest, in bed or on sofa. Is H not being supportive?

Akire Sun 16-Oct-16 22:27:26

I would say doing as little as possible. If husband is off apart from going to the loo then no need for you to be doing anything. That's all they will let you do in hospital!

ImperialBlether Sun 16-Oct-16 22:28:27

On your bed just getting up to go to the loo.

What are you doing?

ImperialBlether Sun 16-Oct-16 22:28:48

Do you have children in the house?

AyeAmarok Sun 16-Oct-16 22:29:31

Sofa, feet up, occasional walk to the kitchen to make cups of tea.

sparkli Sun 16-Oct-16 22:33:53

Feet up, doinget nothing - and not having to ask for things to be done. But, in the real world (if it's anything like mine), this is not what's happening. I know only to well how this plays out. No advice, as nothing seems to work, but big hugs and get well wishes.

sparkli Sun 16-Oct-16 22:34:15

*doing

ErrolTheDragon Sun 16-Oct-16 22:34:23

If the doc told you to rest, and your DH is off work, then you should be resting. Probably in bed by now, since whatever ails you presumably you need healing sleep.

AnyFucker Sun 16-Oct-16 22:36:08

What are you really asking ?

AuntieStella Sun 16-Oct-16 22:39:06

Daytime recumbent on sofa. Nighttime recumbent in bed.

If you're Ok for a gentle walk, it's quite nice to go out for half an hour or so to get some natural daylight. Other than that, only essential moving about (such as loo breaks and kitchen forays)

DH takes over everything else that keeps the household going.

Arfarfanarf Sun 16-Oct-16 22:45:02

Im guessing your husband doesnt think rest means rest?

Resting means resting. It means do not do all the normal shitwork or youre going to end up back in hospital. It means having the person who claims to love you bend over backwards to take care of you because they understand what it means when a doctor says rest.

PinkSwimGoggles Sun 16-Oct-16 22:48:08

resting.
stay in bed or on sofa, whichever has better tv reception is more comfortable.
dh needs to set you up with drinks/food for the day if not around to be your maid help.

gettingitwrongputtingitright Sun 16-Oct-16 22:48:30

Rest, why?

ThisUsernameIsAvailable Sun 16-Oct-16 22:48:43

Thank you!! You all agree with me, not so much DH who thinks it just means not going to the gym but carrying on with everything else and even thought his luck was in tonight envy

AnyFucker Sun 16-Oct-16 22:52:31

Is your husband always a tool ?

Soubriquet Sun 16-Oct-16 22:53:54

What's his excuse then?

Does he want you in hospital?

AuditAngel Sun 16-Oct-16 22:54:05

Is this pregnancy relied?

I was not on bed rest, but was not allowed to lift older DC, no sex, not allowed to push a shopping trolley......

Last pregnancy I had 6 admissions

DameMargaretofChalfont Sun 16-Oct-16 22:54:29

FFS Your DH needs a MASSIVE reality check.

Tell him to feck off and get a grip - you need to rest horizontally (without a penis hovering at a 45* angle within 15 yards) and you need to rest.

God he's a wanker!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now