Talk

Advanced search

to miss my mum, even though she's only on holiday?

(5 Posts)
tobee Thu 13-Oct-16 20:11:16

She can really annoy me and she can be relentlessly pessimistic but she has been a very positive influence on my life. She is brilliant at listening to my problems, trivial, serious and in between, generally says the right thing. She loves reading - has excellent taste in music, is politically and socially spot on, ahead of time in many ways, has worked in emotionally demanding jobs before retirement and loves me and our family loads. She'll only be away a week and I'm in my late forties ffs. But, at a time when quite a few of her strong female friends have died in the last couple of years, I look forward to chatting again and don't want that to end.

sonlypuppyfat Thu 13-Oct-16 20:15:46

That's so lovely I hope my children think the same about me

Not at all. My mum had a tracheostomy fitted last year due to a collapsed wind pipe and despite the fact I see her 2/3 times a week I really miss chatting to get every night. We text, but it's not the same.

Marylou2 Thu 13-Oct-16 20:30:26

YANBU I miss my mum when she's on holiday. And my dad too. I'm luck to have them. Your mum sounds lovely.

AllegraAlmond Thu 13-Oct-16 20:44:16

yanbu
what a lovely realtionship you must have with your mum smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now