Talk

Advanced search

Bit too early for Christmas music and shop display?

(6 Posts)
itwillbegrandsure Thu 13-Oct-16 19:53:29

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Christmas but I found myself in a well known nationwide children's shop yesterday listening to the Christmas music that was playing and admiring their Christmas window display. All the while thinking that it's not even mid October - just a wee bit too early?!

I was shocked enough to see a full Christmas card display in a well known card shop in August, but Christmas trees and music in October?!

9oclockinthemorning Thu 13-Oct-16 20:53:47

Yanbu. I love Christmas but it's easy to get sick of it by December with this nonsense starting in October. I feel sorry for the shop workers being around it all the time.

abbsismyhero Thu 13-Oct-16 20:56:45

I walked out of a shop in September blushI could take the Christmas cards (it was a card shop) but MUSIC 🎶? Too much way too much I had my sandals on ffs!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 13-Oct-16 20:59:23

I started shopping today, bought my Xmas cards and a few small gifts. Too early for Xmas music though.

Heirhelp Thu 13-Oct-16 21:10:29

They have playing it for at least a week. They started early last year too. I feel sorry for the staff.

maggiethemagpie Thu 13-Oct-16 21:27:22

It's the shop staff I feel sorry for. Bad enough having to hear all the same music in December, to have xmas music playing from october must be intolerable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now