Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to lock myself in the bathroom with candles, a glass of wine and my book?

(22 Posts)
BowieFan Thu 13-Oct-16 15:51:22

Slightly life-hearted but today my family are being a pain in the arse.

DS1 has fractured his ankle and is off school waiting for the permanent plaster to go on. DS2 has come home just and dropped the bombshell on me that we're looking after the school pet for us to look after until Monday, and DP has got dust sheets all over my lovely bedroom whilst he "decorates".

WIBU to just lock myself away and have a nice bath so they can't bother me? grin

2catsandadog Thu 13-Oct-16 15:54:40

Oh hell no. Completely reasonable.

BowieFan Thu 13-Oct-16 16:12:35

Oh thank heavens. I would normally feel guilty for cracking open a bottle of chardonnay at this time but I'm tempted...

Soubriquet Thu 13-Oct-16 16:14:00

Go for it!!

And accidently add more hot water when it starts to go a bit cool for a longer bath

Muddlingthroughtoo Thu 13-Oct-16 16:19:21

YABU if you are doing it without chocolate!

BowieFan Thu 13-Oct-16 16:27:51

Muddlingthroughtoo

I'd be having chocolate but all we've got is sodding Dairy Milk.

Could I guilt trip one of the kids or DP into going and buying me some Galaxy?

Garthmarenghi Thu 13-Oct-16 16:42:54

Yabu to only have one glass.

BowieFan Thu 13-Oct-16 16:53:56

Garthmarenghi

You haven't seen my glass...

BowieFan Thu 13-Oct-16 17:50:11

Everyone will be pleased to know DP and the kids have fucked off to go and see The Magnificent Seven and are going to Nando's. So it's feasible I won't actually see them again until tomorrow morning! (Is it bad that I'm excited about this?)

Chocolatecake12 Thu 13-Oct-16 18:03:11

Bath, nice relaxing evening, wine, tv all to yourself! YABVU to brag about about it!
Hope your ds gets better soon!

Lightsoffplease Thu 13-Oct-16 18:10:51

YANBU. Enjoy your wine

BowieFan Thu 13-Oct-16 18:26:02

chocolatecake12

I'm in my pyjamas and not wearing a bra and it's only half 6. Be jealous of my small victories! I hope DS1 better as well, but he'll just injure himself in some other way as soon as the plaster comes off. I did another thread about this but he is genuinely the clumsiest child I've ever met.

tibbawyrots Thu 13-Oct-16 18:34:28

Wouldn't blame you - I'll be doing the same after dinner 🍷🍷

That is, in my bathroom, not yours! 😆

tibbawyrots Thu 13-Oct-16 18:35:01

Hope your DS is better soon.

BowieFan Thu 13-Oct-16 18:49:15

tibbawyrots

You're welcome to my bathroom. It has pipes that make weird noises, a pink carpet and the cats sit on top of the cistern and stare at you when you're in the bath. I would swap in a heartbeat! grin

DS1 will be alright. He hurts himself but seems to be completely devoid of any pain. I've told him he has to make sure he leaves his body to medical science, because that can't be normal.

Roygrace Thu 13-Oct-16 18:51:41

Depends what your book is

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Thu 13-Oct-16 18:55:26

Very reasonable

I had a bath tonight with a candle and book

And then dd came in and had a shit

We have two toilets

Hope your bathtime is better

BowieFan Thu 13-Oct-16 20:02:53

Roygrace

I've been reading Me Before You. I know it's mawkish rubbish deliberately tugging at my heartstrings, but I've loved it. For an english teacher, I'll read any old shite.

RufustheSpartacusReindeer

It was fine except for the cat falling in the bath and sticking its claws everywhere as it tried to get out!

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Thu 13-Oct-16 20:07:36

Wet cat

Nothing worse

grin

BowieFan Thu 13-Oct-16 20:16:19

The cats are now scrapping over who gets to lie in front of the fire. The parrot is laughing at them and the dog has got its head stuck in the bin. This night hasn't been as relaxing as I imagined...

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Thu 13-Oct-16 20:41:24

grin

SomethingOnce Thu 13-Oct-16 21:37:32

Behold, the king of bath racks! Would only be bettered with a chocolate-holding attachment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now