Talk

Advanced search

Entitled behaviour?!

(10 Posts)
kansasmum Wed 12-Oct-16 19:58:50

I'll keep the details a bit vague as it's fairly likely to out me!
I'm organising a free session in our local community for anyone aged 8 and above to participate in. There are 3 separate sessions and 2 out of 3 are adults and children, 1 is adult only.
This is how the trainer runs it. She is doing the day for free, as am I and other volunteers.
I had someone contact me who wanted to book her family in so 4 places. I said it was time A or time C as time B is adult only.
I know this person, she doesn't work and all her kids are at school and she frequently comments about her lovely free time. This is relevant!!
She then complains that she wants time B as it suits her as that day is her only ' downtime' and she wants a lie in and to have time to cook a meal later in the day!
I reiterate that time B is not available for children and she starts asking why not & saying that's not fair etc. She wants time B.
Please note the session is FREE!! It would normally cost £200!!!! There are 2 other times she can book!
After going round in circles, I said these are times which would you like- I get a single word text: Neither!

AIBU to think if you're offered a free session and a choice of times you can alter your day if you want to do it?!!

I really think she has an entitled attitude!

TheZeppo Wed 12-Oct-16 20:03:32

Definitely entitled.

I'd tell her that all times are now fully booked and there are no more spaces. Serve her right.

user1471855186 Wed 12-Oct-16 20:04:08

She sounds like a self entitled dick.

Bananalanacake Wed 12-Oct-16 20:04:36

yep, totally selfish, I've never met anyone like this but keep hearing about them on MN.

LIZS Wed 12-Oct-16 20:05:55

Sone people always feel the need to push it. Agree tell her C or nothing available.

raspberrysuicide Wed 12-Oct-16 20:06:25

Probably best that she doesn't go with an attitude like that. She would have found something to complain about anyway.

MoreGilmoreGirls Wed 12-Oct-16 20:06:49

Yes you are all booked up now no spaces at any sessions, then just ignore.

2kids2dogsnosense Wed 12-Oct-16 20:09:02

Agree with Zeppo.

All the places on these very popular FREE sessions have been reserved.

Normal people, if they were really keen to participate, would re-arrange other stuff to accommodate it. Does she ring the cinema and say "I can't manage the week of XXX but my kids really want to see YYY. Why can't you have it on in a week that suits me?" Course not - she's just being a twat.

woodhill Wed 12-Oct-16 20:10:11

Rude and ungrateful person.

Dontpanicpyke Wed 12-Oct-16 20:13:28

Ignore her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now