Talk

Advanced search

To buy some Bose earphones?

(9 Posts)
whatishistory Wed 12-Oct-16 17:35:23

I'm an academic and like to listen to music while I write. I sometimes end up working in coffee shops to escape people continually knocking on my office door. I also travel quite a lot for work and like to listen to music. I currently have a cheap pair of in-ear earphones (£20 from Amazon), but they give me earache and I'm forever getting tangled in the cord. DH has offered to buy me a pair of Bose Bluetooth noise-cancelling headphones for my birthday. I'm tempted: the noise-cancelling aspect really appeals to me for when I'm travelling. We're also about to move to shared offices and I figure I could use the headphones to drown out the chatter. However, at around £250 I just can't decide whether they are worth the price.

So WIBU to get a pair of Bose headphones? Are they really as life-changing as some people claim?

adogcalledbert Wed 12-Oct-16 17:42:00

My family apart from me all have them.
I originally bought them for DH who flies long hall a lot and now the DC have bought their own.
The noise cancelling really works and apparently the over ear are incredibly comfortable.
They're on my wish list.

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 12-Oct-16 17:43:08

YANBU. They'll last you forever and are a lovely thoughtful gift. Cheap earphones are a false economy.

LittleMissUpset Wed 12-Oct-16 17:50:42

I've had mine for nearly 11 years, just the noise cancelling ones, and they are fantastic!

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Wed 12-Oct-16 17:55:49

I'm using mine right now. I love them. I say get them. I've got the over ear ones, I wish I'd paid extra for wireless but meh, they're still great.

YoungGirlGrowingOld Wed 12-Oct-16 17:57:08

I love mine - one of my best ever purchases. Purchased for peace when flying but used more frequently for music now.

Ncbecauseitshard Wed 12-Oct-16 17:57:13

I've two pairs as I'm greedy and I love them. I live in a city centre and it's noisy but the headphones make life worth living.
I just got the Bluetooth over ear noise cancelling ones they were eye wateringly dear but I love them.

whatishistory Wed 12-Oct-16 18:04:37

grin

I definitely want the headphones, rather than earphones. I've seen the Quiet Comfort 35 at £290 and the Quiet Comfort 25 at £250. Which is the best?

My only worry is that they will be huge to lug around in my bag (which is where the earphones are handy).

Toddlerteaplease Wed 12-Oct-16 18:18:06

I've got some ear buds. They are good but I am on my third pair as the first two broke after a few months. Got them replaced for half price by Bose but it was a palaver sending them back to Germany as I had to have them collected by courier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now