Talk

Advanced search

AIBU about request for references?

(3 Posts)
MoreCoffeeNow Tue 11-Oct-16 08:50:07

I used to be a teacher and I now work in a community venue so have had a lot of young people "pass through my hands".

I've always been happy to provide references for them. Before the advent of email, requests often came in the post with a SAE enclosed. Occasionally I still get these but mostly I'm asked by email these days.

However, over the last year or so an increasing number of email requests have asked me to provide a "hard copy" through the mail as well as by email. So I'm expected to provide an envelope and provide a stamp. It doesn't cost much, obviously, but I think it's a cheek.

I get a few requests from a particular agency and last time I responded I said I'd provide a hard copy as soon as they sent me a SAE. A week later I was asked where the hard copy was and I replied by asking where the SAE was.

I don't want to blight people's job chances so, normally, I just do it but I do think they are taking the piss.

AIBU?

StealthPolarBear Tue 11-Oct-16 08:52:53

How odd! I've never had this.

StealthPolarBear Tue 11-Oct-16 08:53:23

Agree it's cheeky but they probably assume your organisation will pay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now