Talk

Advanced search

Roast my Selfie......

(11 Posts)
Dappy28 Mon 10-Oct-16 21:51:58

AIBU to think this new facebook craze 'roast my selfie' is awful. For those who haven't seen it, you post a selfie on the page and then people roast you. Eg. Commenting the most hideous and degrading sexist / racist etc.. comments about you. There have been people who have posted selfies of other people but even if it is of themselves, there is no way people can not get offended / upset reading hundreds of negative comments targeted at them. Plus it encourages this culture of cyber bullying and people feeling invisible behind their computer screen.

My DH thinks the page its hilarious and I am being ridiculous. AIBU to think its stupid for the above reasons?

lozengeoflove Mon 10-Oct-16 21:54:51

And there in lies yet another argument against FB.
People never fail to disappoint.

BrianMolkoismyPlacebo Mon 10-Oct-16 21:56:45

This is why I only have 15 friends on fb... people who i actually spend time with and know would do shit like this

Smrendell Mon 10-Oct-16 22:00:26

Well... theyre volunteering themselves for it so what's the problem?

Dappy28 Mon 10-Oct-16 22:01:31

No arguement, just a conversation. And i was bored in the break of Cold Feet so thought I would post on here hmm

Queenbean Mon 10-Oct-16 22:02:05

Amazing. This is the stupidest thing on FB I've heard so far.

If it stops at least one narcassistic idiot from posting even more selfies then I'm all for it. Sort of like natural selection of the selfie world.

NoFuchsGiven Mon 10-Oct-16 22:02:34

I was going to start a post on this but decided not to, FUP was bad enough till I got banned but this takes it to a whole new level of crazy.

PoppyPicklesPenguin Mon 10-Oct-16 22:04:00

*And there in lies yet another argument against FB.
People never fail to disappoint.*

Couldn't agree more!

But if your stupid or think your so cool that nobody could ever say anything nasty enough to say "hey roast me" which sounds filthy then well I'm not sure you can be offended.

The mind boogles

roasted Mon 10-Oct-16 22:23:13

Haven't come across this. Sounds dreadful. Are they just posting 'normal' selfies or pulling weird expressions etc? You have to have pretty unshakeable self-confidence to ask for a critique on your personal appearance; very few people have flawless supermodel looks!

TaterTots Mon 10-Oct-16 22:45:09

Not heard of this - although it would be tempting to tell some pouting orange tart with boot-black hair and caterpillar eyebrows who's expecting 'OMG beautiful hun' that she looks like she's been run over by a tar truck and then set on fire. Then mock apologise having 'mistakenly' thought she was after a roasting.

DeadGood Mon 10-Oct-16 22:47:29

sad this sort of thing is baffling to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now