Talk

Advanced search

to miss swimming this week?

(6 Posts)
HeyNannyNanny Mon 10-Oct-16 13:16:33

Super boring and straight forward one, sorry.

My 6 month old has a rather nasty cough, nothing serious and she isn't bothered by it but if I was to be really analytical, perhaps slightly under the weather and a bit grumpy.

We have baby swim this afternoon which she likes\tolerates. Its a group lesson with similar ages.

Her lunchtime nap is not going particularly well.

We've been to baby swim when she's a little tired or under the weather before and its been OK.

Today, however, she has a really phlegm-y smokers cough.

WIBU to take her or will the other parents\carers there hate me for bringing the plague with me? And would it possibly not help the cough to faff about all wet?

GettingMuckyFingersCrossed Mon 10-Oct-16 13:40:44

I wouldn't go

mycatstares Mon 10-Oct-16 13:47:02

Don't take her, your dd May be ok with the bugs but if someone else's young baby catches it their body may not cope as well.

HeyNannyNanny Mon 10-Oct-16 13:48:04

mycat that's my thoughts. Its the baby version of don't bring your illness to the office

mycatstares Mon 10-Oct-16 13:58:21

Yeah I'd just keep her at home.

Hope she gets better soon and fingers crossed she'll stay un-fazed by it.

Mollymoo78 Mon 10-Oct-16 14:27:05

No don't take her - you risk making her feel worse and passing it on to others. Baby lessons of any kind are not essential so please don't feel guilty about not going. My dd is four and a fab little swimmer bug didn't start lessons til she was two. Keep your little one snuggly and warm and help her get better x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now