to be mighty disappointed with Netflix?

(31 Posts)
Wordsaremything Sun 09-Oct-16 22:48:18

I signed up and was encouraged to indicate which of a selection of films I liked. Answer - none!

Nothing I searched for came up.

Will cancel before month is up I think unless anyone has any brighter ideas?

AndNowItsSeven Sun 09-Oct-16 22:48:47

You watch tv series not films.

FleurThomas Sun 09-Oct-16 22:50:30

It's a waste of money tbh. The only good stuff on Netflix is it's own brand TV series & even then you don't get as much quality as Netflix USA or Amazon Prime UK.

dontpokethebear Sun 09-Oct-16 22:50:42

Inclined to agree with andnow. I only watch Tv series. The film selection is rubbish.

Sparklesilverglitter Sun 09-Oct-16 22:51:52

No films at all really?
Defiance? A Royal night out? We watched both last night and enjoyed them

Watch tv series then classics like only fools and horses, the Royale family, faulty towers, black adder, gavin & Stacey
New stuff like peep show, bad education

Julju Sun 09-Oct-16 22:53:37

There is SO much on there I think it's hard to sort through the crap. Agree that it's more about series than films though. Just take a punt on something and if you don't like it don't watch the next episode, but you might be surprised

HomeShapedBox Sun 09-Oct-16 22:55:08

The films are shite, there's a couple of good documentaries though. Netflix is a waste of money I think

WatchingFromTheWings Sun 09-Oct-16 22:55:47

We use Netflix daily. My youngest likes the kids shows. Myself and DP like the series box sets and films. We've definitely got our monies worth!

JojoLapin Sun 09-Oct-16 22:56:12

Really? I love Netflix. Stranger Things, Narcos, House of Cards, Breaking Bad... So many amazing original series.

YouTheCat Sun 09-Oct-16 22:56:58

There's the odd decent film and some nice ones for the kids.

I'm currently watching season 2 of iZombie, which is excellent. Also, if you like Marvel, there's Jessica Jones and Luke Cage which were both fantastic and dark.

Headunderthecovers Sun 09-Oct-16 22:58:55

Agree films aren't great. Loved Brooklyn though.
Peaky Blinders and Wolf Hall great series if you haven't seen them on the bbc.
Stranger Things highly recommended.
I prefer Amazon though.

bumsexatthebingo Sun 09-Oct-16 23:00:57

Watch Breaking Bad and the prequel Better Call Saul. It's worth it for those alone.

JustGettingStarted Sun 09-Oct-16 23:02:33

They also have Designated Survivor, which I'm loving.

Sugarcoma Sun 09-Oct-16 23:02:35

I mainly use it for TV. In the last few months alone I've binge watched House of Cards, Breaking Bad and am currently on Gilmore Girls. Previously watched Jessica Jones, 90210 (although they didn't have the last season) and Gossip Girl.

Films not so great. Documentaries are good though. If Blackfish is on there still I'd definitely recommend it.

SuburbanRhonda Sun 09-Oct-16 23:03:12

jojo

Exactly the same as what we've been watching! I love Netflix, watched the White Helmets documentary last week sad

MakeMyWineADouble Sun 09-Oct-16 23:05:17

Netflix is fab for original shows films are a bit meh if it's films you want could try Amazon prime but even then it doesn't have everything without paying extra

gamerwidow Sun 09-Oct-16 23:06:03

Sicario and the big short have recently been added and are highly rated films. Not seen them myself yet but they're on my list to watch.

MistresssIggi Sun 09-Oct-16 23:06:38

If I didn't have Netflix or mumsnet I could probably be running the country by now.

LadyDeadpool Sun 09-Oct-16 23:08:37

Better off using one of the few proxies or VPN's that still work and watching the American library its way better.

JedRambosteen Sun 09-Oct-16 23:09:02

There are some great documentaries on there.

I watched Unbranded with my kids last week - it is a 15, but because of the swearing (which is usually justified by the circumstances) - 4 young Texan lads riding (very) recently broken mustangs from the Mexican border to the Canadian border. Totally gripping.

Last Man on the Moon was good too.

Just watched the whole of Offspring (tv series) in one lengthy boxset frenzy.

Stranger Things was fantastic.

There's a lot of crap on Netflix, but plenty of gems too.

QuestionableMouse Sun 09-Oct-16 23:10:41

Sicario bored the arse off me. I fell asleep watching.

Bimblepops Sun 09-Oct-16 23:12:51

I've found some great stuff on Netflix.

Empire's done quite a good list of the top 50 things to watch on Netflix UK:

www.empireonline.com/movies/features/best-netflix-tv-uk/

JasonDerulo Sun 09-Oct-16 23:24:16

I've developed an unhealthy That 70's Show addiction recently... But Orange is the new black is what makes Netflix worth it imho

GabsAlot Sun 09-Oct-16 23:27:17

i agree about most of the films

series are great however

if u like comedy try the ranch

also watch stranger things if u like weird stuff

Lionking1981 Sun 09-Oct-16 23:30:22

Each to their own. I love Netflix. Don't watch films on there very often. It's their series you need to watch - Orange is the new black, Kimmy Schmit, Peaky Blinders etc.

Their documentaries are awesome too. Once a month, I get a massive pile of ironing and spend the entire day watching them. Only thing that gets me to do the ironing.

Also, the USA version is definitely better OP. Get hola on your pc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now