Talk

Advanced search

AIBU or is it really difficult for others as well

(5 Posts)
HADtoHaveaRantAtThisStupidity Sun 09-Oct-16 18:31:57

My ex and I split up 4months ago - it was a long time coming and I couldn't be happier to finally be able to move on. I am 30 with 2DCs 7 and 5, not a supermodel but not bad looking. Trying to start dating again and I just don't know where to meet new men - I have done dating sites (creepy men or much older men 45+ that want to settle, etc) and dating apps (men that just want to have sex no matter how many times I try and make it clear that I don't want a hook up!!! Breathe 😂😂)

Anyway AIBU to think that it's really difficult to find men that want to date?

I'm not looking for marriage etc I just want someone to do things with eg drinks, dinners, etc and of course sex at some point that isn't the first date!
Is this only a problem for me because I live in a town that people move to to raise their families so pretty much all men are married? All my friends here are mum friends and much older 38+ so no help there and no family here (moved to the UK 10years ago)

Trills Sun 09-Oct-16 18:35:06

You might get better responses from people who are dating if you put a bit more in your subject line regarding what this is about.

As it is, your AIBU could be about laundry or dogs or holidays in the Algarve.

Dating is hard. Meeting people is hard. There's a dating thread over in Relationships if you want to chat to other people who are going through the same thing.

1potato2potato3potato4 Sun 09-Oct-16 18:35:52

In the same boat. I've given up on that side of my life tbh, will pick it up again in my 40's when the DC are older and people start divorcing!

HADtoHaveaRantAtThisStupidity Sun 09-Oct-16 19:13:15

Thanks Trills - I have no idea how to change the title though!
And potato you have just confirmed my worst fear!

Oysterbabe Sun 09-Oct-16 19:21:31

There is a thread in relationships about online dating you may find helpful. An awful lot of people I know met their partners that way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now