Talk

Advanced search

To be anxious about silly things..

(7 Posts)
MoonStar07 Sun 09-Oct-16 13:05:40

Do DH has gone to the shops (a short trip on motorway required) he's taken our youngest while I'm at home with eldest getting Sunday lunch ready. He said he would be an hour. He's 20 mins late. I'm starting to feel anxious to the extent I'm imagining they've been in an accident and how would we cope? I'm playing worst case scenarios in my head. I do this a lot. I know AIBU. Is it normal though? Or am I suffering from anxiety?

deathandtaxes123 Sun 09-Oct-16 13:33:46

It's anxiety. He'll be ok. Give him a text.

I suffer from anxiety and it just comes like a bolt from the blue.

flowers

Pomegranatemolasses Sun 09-Oct-16 13:35:12

Its definitely anxiety. Mindfulness and CBT really helped me to conquer this.

Coulddowithanap Sun 09-Oct-16 13:49:09

Just want to add that if you do text and you don't get a reply then don't start thinking its because of an accident, more likely that you shouldn't read and reply whilst driving.

It's only 20 minutes, I'd start worrying if it's a few hours later.

MoonStar07 Sun 09-Oct-16 13:51:25

He came through the door ten mins later. Said car parks near the shops were full due to an event so he had a 20 minute round trip walk to the shops rather being able to walk in and out. I think I do need to see someone about anxiety really

mrsfuzzy Sun 09-Oct-16 17:20:40

please have a chat with your gp about your anxiety moon my dmil has suffered with this for years and it really controls her life, you cannot go through life in a constant state of worry, life is too short and it affects those around you as they get concerned for you. please be kind to yourself and seek help.

MoonStar07 Sun 09-Oct-16 21:08:39

thanks. It's exhausting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now