Another tradesmen using the toilet AIBU...

(5 Posts)
SamanthaBrique Sat 08-Oct-16 20:37:26

Recently the extractor fan in our bathroom stopped working, so I rang our letting agency who sent one of their handymen over to look at it. I was showing him where in the bathroom it was, when he asked if he could use the toilet. I said that yes of course and left the bathroom. He then proceeded to loudly piss with the door wide open!

I didn't shut it as I left because I assume anyone using the toilet will shut it themself, especially when in someone else's house, but he did not. I honestly don't mind if any guests to my house use the toilet, but AIBU to expect the, to shut the door behind them??

NavyandWhite Sat 08-Oct-16 20:38:37

Well it's a bit odd that he didn't shut the door that's for sure.

ThoraGruntwhistle Sat 08-Oct-16 20:46:06

My BIL does that too. I just make sure I stay out of that bit of the house if he goes to the loo. It is a bit odd that it's too much trouble for some people to close a door.

SamanthaBrique Sat 08-Oct-16 21:20:41

Yes, it's one thing leaving the door open when it's your own home and no one else is there but in someone else's house when people are around??

cardibach Sat 08-Oct-16 21:34:10

Not shutting the door is odd behaviour, and YANBU to wonder why he didn't shut it, but YABU to describe it as 'loudly' pissing. I dint suppose he made a special effort with the noise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now