Talk

Advanced search

to ask you what the hell are fire roasted tomatoes where do I get them from tomorrow?

(8 Posts)
Yellowbird54321 Fri 07-Oct-16 17:56:10

Got some friends coming round for food and drinks tomorrow evening, found a really nice looking recipe for 'Tuscan chicken' (well it looks really nice in the picture, it may not look like that when I make it!) but it calls for diced fire roasted tomatoes which has befuddled me - a quick supemarket google so far hasn't been helpful.

Can anyone please tell me what they are and where I can get them from (am in the UK) or should I just give up now and come up with another (one pot wonder) recipe?

IHaveBrilloHair Fri 07-Oct-16 17:57:47

No idea, but I'd use sundried instead.

myownprivateidaho Fri 07-Oct-16 17:59:00

It just means normal tomatoes cooked over an open flame (so the skin blackens etc).

Hamsolo Fri 07-Oct-16 17:59:39

Or just roast some in the oven? (Char the skins under the grill for fire roasted flavour?

magimedi Fri 07-Oct-16 17:59:55

Sounds like grilled ones

www.google.co.uk/webhp?rls=ig&gws_rd=ssl#q=fire+roasted+tomatoes

Justtrying Fri 07-Oct-16 18:01:33

You can substitute oven roasted cherry tomatoes. Halve a variety of cherry tomatoes sprinkle with salt, pepper, fresh herbs, I like thyme, rosemary or basil. Crushed garlic if liked and a drizzle of olive oil. Roast for 20 mins or so until soft and lightly browned.

Great in salads of all origins.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 07-Oct-16 18:03:01

i'd use a jar of sundried tomatoes.

Yellowbird54321 Fri 07-Oct-16 18:09:28

Ah right, so you're meant to create them rather than buy them! (Suspected I was being a bit stupid) Looks like a bit of a faff but may give it a go. I thought of using sun dried too Ihave but the recipe blurb specifically warned against this confused
justtrying you've made those tomatoes sound delicious grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now