To wish I hadn't replied?

(20 Posts)
SaraLeeSon Thu 06-Oct-16 22:24:02

I'm on a dating app which shows you people who've passed by in your area and then you can "like" them - if you both like each other, you match.

I'm also currently studying for a professional qualification with work colleagues, most of whom are from another department and therefore who I've never met before. It's unlikely our paths will cross at work.

Anyway I matched with one guy a couple of days ago and he messaged first; I replied the next day but 24 hours later no response!

I recognised him in our class of about 40 but aside from a brief bit of eye contact when we first joined, he hasn't said anything to, or looked at, me... I'm embarrassed for having replied to his message in the first place now and trying to work out whether

(A) he's clocked it's me and doesn't fancy me in real life

(B) he's clocked and is embarrassed

(C) he's hasn't worked it out yet (!)

(D) none of the above!!

SaraLeeSon Thu 06-Oct-16 22:24:27

He has been active today btw.

VeryBitchyRestingFace Thu 06-Oct-16 22:27:18

I'm on a dating app which shows you people who've passed by in your area and then you can "like" them - if you both like each other, you match.

Whaaaaaaa...???

<old gimmer>

SaraLeeSon Thu 06-Oct-16 22:28:20

Sort of like tinder! I know, I know, I'm not sure I like it eaither!

mycatstares Thu 06-Oct-16 22:30:08

I'd say B.

I reckon his worried you'll tell everyone his on a dating website or something. I'd give him another message and say you've noticed your taking the same class. Then see where it goes.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Thu 06-Oct-16 22:30:46

I wouldn't give it any more thought. Maybe he was looking for a hook up, and doesn't want it to be someone he'll ever bump into again. Maybe he just doesn't want to date someone from work. Maybe he didn't notice and just hasn't replied because he either just likes seeing how many matches he gets or he's invested talking to someone else.

Unless your message was full of raunchy nudes, I'd forget it and move on. He will. It'll be like it never happened in no time (because nothing did happen, really)

SaraLeeSon Thu 06-Oct-16 22:35:40

Fair enough but he started the conversation confused

He said "id buy you a drink", so I replied and asked how his week was going. After this week is out we won't see each other for months anyway. Also I stupidly brought it up with a friend in class today and she kept saying "which one is it?" so am hoping he didn't hear that.

Should probably just leave it.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Thu 06-Oct-16 22:37:01

Did he know you were in the same work group when he messaged you?

It doesn't sound like you've said anything cringey.

SaraLeeSon Thu 06-Oct-16 22:38:40

This is what I'm trying to work out Anchor confused

SaraLeeSon Thu 06-Oct-16 22:39:58

Am now thinking of trying to chat to him when I next see him?

1potato2potato3potato4 Thu 06-Oct-16 22:40:27

"I'd buy you a drink"
But that's a terrible introduction! Isn't it? I don't think I'd have bothered replying to that one.
I'd forget about it, I don't like the sound of him. Rubbish intro and hasn't taken the opportunity to reply or (more obviously!) speak to you in class? He doesn't sound worth another minute of your time.

1potato2potato3potato4 Thu 06-Oct-16 22:42:07

Am now thinking of trying to chat to him when I next see him?
Why??!

CoolToned Thu 06-Oct-16 22:45:07

Don't think too much about it.

hesterton Thu 06-Oct-16 22:45:40

Erg to 'I'd buy you a drink'. So wrong on so many levels.

LoisWilkersonsLastNerve Thu 06-Oct-16 22:46:02

Oh how awkward op! He sounds like a waste of time. In my day we just staggered into people at the pub....could you put this twit to the back of your mind and try that? Or do you really like him?

<helpful>

emsyj Thu 06-Oct-16 22:46:08

I would just leave it - say nothing, do nothing. Smile if he smiles at you first. If he was interested, he has the perfect scenario to come and talk to you, doesn't he? So whatever his reasons, sounds like he's just not that into you.

Excited101 Thu 06-Oct-16 22:47:55

DO NOT try and chat with him, that the worst idea ever and will be hideously awkward.

Honestly? I think his first 'hello' to you tells you everything you need to know. He sounds lazy, entitled, arrogant and like he's after a shag. 'I'd buy you a drink' may be what he's saying to you but 'I'd do her' is what he's saying to his mates about you.

Avoid avoid avoid! When he realised you were in his class he probably realised that a ONS with you would bea really bad idea.

Ilovetorrentialrain Thu 06-Oct-16 22:52:53

How much do you like / fancy him OP? If it's enough to want a date then I'd risk breaking the ice somehow. Just gently, lightheartedly, and if it's a no-go then just leave it.

Ilovetorrentialrain Thu 06-Oct-16 22:54:14

Actually emsyj has a good idea, a smile should be enough. Only if you really are interested in him though.

Ilovetorrentialrain Fri 07-Oct-16 12:34:11

Sorry I killed the thread! Hope all's OK, OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now