Talk

Advanced search

to be a bit peeved about dp and the cinema

(93 Posts)
diamond457 Wed 05-Oct-16 14:01:18

I've been wanting to go see bridget jones baby for ages! I said to dp but he said he didn't really fancy it so I went with my friend instead last week.

Dp went to the cinema last night with a friend because they wanted to see magnificent seven and I don't fancy it either.
Apparently it was cancelled and they went and saw bridget jones instead! I only found this out an hour ago, when he came in last night he didn't say anything and I sent him a text at work asking him how was the film and he said he went and seen bridget jones because the other one was cancelled.
I am a bit annoyed but not sure why. I guess the fact he never told me and the fact he didn't actually want to go see a film with me but went with a mate because nothing else is on. Tickets are expensive and we could have just gone together! I think im more miffed he didn't tell me about it!

myownprivateidaho Wed 05-Oct-16 14:04:07

But he'd already arranged to see a film with his mate though? And possibly they were already at the cinema when they found out it was cancelled? If he'd said no to you then made plans to see it with someone else I'd see your point, but in the circumstances I don't see the big deal tbh. Sorry!

Sparklesilverglitter Wed 05-Oct-16 14:04:09

To be fair to him, they got all the way to the cinema there film was cancelled so they saw something else. That is exactly what I would of do if a film I wanted to see was cancelled when I arrived.

So you found out today instead of last night, is that really a big deal? When you asked him about the film he told you didn't he? So what's the problem

trufflepiggy Wed 05-Oct-16 14:04:25

I think YABU.

Your DP didn't deliberately go to see it without you - he only saw it as a last resort.

You got to see it anyway.

Can you do something together this weekend if you're feeling sad about that?

GillyMcFizzleSocks Wed 05-Oct-16 14:06:04

I'm guessing they turned up at the cinema, found they couldn't see the film they wanted and thought "might as well see Bridget Jones then rather than see nothing". Especially if you had said it was good having seen it the week before.

Chocolateiloveyou28 Wed 05-Oct-16 14:06:08

If I got to the cinema and my film was cancelled I would just pick another too.

I wouldn't tell me DH the moment I got home unless he asked about the film as its no big deal and why would he care

Your dp saw and different film and told you when you asked about the film so what's the problem?

TheNaze73 Wed 05-Oct-16 14:09:28

YABVU. He's not give out of his way to deceive you. Go & see it with a friend & have dinner after

diamond457 Wed 05-Oct-16 14:11:34

I know its not a big deal but I am more annoyed he didn't say anything last night when he came in. Just find it all a bit weird. Its the kind of thing you would talk about and as ive seen the film a good talking point.

BitOfFun Wed 05-Oct-16 14:15:09

But why be annoyed, rather than, say, puzzled? Perhaps he didn't fancy a big post-match analysis?

Sparklesilverglitter Wed 05-Oct-16 14:17:15

Maybe he just didn't think it was a problem so didn't mention it last night?

If DH didn't ask me about the film I wouldn't of mentioned it either TBH as it's not a big deal

GillyMcFizzleSocks Wed 05-Oct-16 14:19:56

Do you think your DP suspected you might have a moan if he came home and told you he'd seen it and decided to tell you via text instead?

Meadows76 Wed 05-Oct-16 14:21:52

Waste your energy on something else. This is seriously not a thing to be bothered about.

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 05-Oct-16 14:22:01

Yabu I'm afraid.

No one needs to run film choices past their dps.

Just go and see it with your friend as planned. No big deal at all.

MothersGrim Wed 05-Oct-16 14:24:09

I actually understand why you're annoyed. You're not a good enough reason for him to sit through a film he doesn't like but his friend is?

However I'd decide that it was situational

Pinkheart5915 Wed 05-Oct-16 14:25:39

Yabu
I think your dp went to see a film, it was cancelled so he saw a different film. He didn't mention it when he got home as its no big deal. He then told you today he saw a different film when you asked today

If I went to see a film at it was cancelled I would see another. Unless DH asked me about the film once I got home I probably wouldn't mention it as it's not a big deal

Why are you trying to make it in to something?

heron98 Wed 05-Oct-16 14:28:07

I am more surprised that 2 blokes went to see Bridget Jones!

ImperialBlether Wed 05-Oct-16 14:31:13

Me too!

Seahawk80 Wed 05-Oct-16 14:34:43

Me too! Unless the friend was female, in which case I'd be annoyed too. Which is unreasonable I know but I would be!

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 05-Oct-16 14:36:55

Well you'd be surprised what people agree to watch investment they have a drink or spliff inside them.

Was probably the best of a bad bunch of film. I'd rather see a film I wasn't interested in than miss out on seeing my friend and going home to cats bump faced partners

ChequeOff Wed 05-Oct-16 14:37:09

Another one surprised that two blokes went to see BJ. Are you sure he went with a male friend?!

ofshoes Wed 05-Oct-16 14:43:51

Maybe he thought it was shit and didn't fancy a debate before bed?

Niloufes Wed 05-Oct-16 14:48:39

Why would a bloke want to go and see Bridget Jones' baby?

diddl Wed 05-Oct-16 14:53:51

"I am more surprised that 2 blokes went to see Bridget Jones!"

Yes!

I see where you are coming from OP.

If I didn't want to see a film, I still wouldn't want to see it even if the film I wanted to see wasn't on.

So I'd do something else that evening.

JessieMcJessie Wed 05-Oct-16 14:55:48

Let it go. You may be miffed but they probably hated it so you're even.

I suspect he didn't mention it when he came in as he knew you liked it and didn't want to say it was shit.

My long ago ex admitted to me after we'd seen Shrek that he was actually seeing it for the 2nd time as he'd already seen it with a mate and didn't want to upset me. We were in our thirties! Now that's weird!

ButteredToastAndStrawberryJam Wed 05-Oct-16 15:01:22

What other films were there to choose from, does seem an odd choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now