Talk

Advanced search

to be impressed with Theresa May?

(349 Posts)
SunnyInMay Wed 05-Oct-16 13:02:41

I'm a traditional Labour voter who feels alienated by the party and Corbyn.

Theresa May really seems like a breath of fresh air in listening to peoples concerns and understanding what matters to ordinary voters.

I know words are easy to say and the proof will be in the action she takes in the years to come but I have a good feeling about her.

formerbabe Wed 05-Oct-16 13:06:54

I think she's fab. So far, I'm very impressed and think she's going to be a great prime minister. She seems genuine, sensible and trustworthy to me.

formerbabe Wed 05-Oct-16 13:07:19

Oh and I'm a floating voter!

witsender Wed 05-Oct-16 13:09:18

Having seen her in action on PMQs etc I am struggling to form the same conclusions.

WordGetsAround Wed 05-Oct-16 13:09:21

I'm a Tory, but think she's the best thing to happen to the Conservatives in a long time.

t4nut Wed 05-Oct-16 13:09:49

Tory and therefore evil.

Has a track record as home secretary as being truly nasty.

Has given no indication at all that the tories plan to stop being evil.

Threw out the grammar school idea to distract everyone from the real business of the day.

So impressed - not in the slightest.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 05-Oct-16 13:10:17

I really like her. She's blossoming as a politician before our eyes.

MaudGonneMad Wed 05-Oct-16 13:10:58

listening to peoples concerns and understanding what matters to ordinary voters.

Like creating lists of foreign workers to shame businesses? And slamming human rights lawyers? Lumping 48% of the population as a liberal elite?

When did people/ordinary voters indicate these were concerns?

formerbabe Wed 05-Oct-16 13:12:27

When did people/ordinary voters indicate these were concerns?

When they voted to leave the EU perhaps?!

witsender Wed 05-Oct-16 13:15:25

Ah yes, because that was all we explained wasn't it. She has yet to address the concerns of the 48% who voted to stay.

seminakedinsomebodyelsesroom Wed 05-Oct-16 13:15:56

*I'm a traditional Labour voter who feels alienated by the party and Corbyn.

Theresa May really seems like a breath of fresh air in listening to peoples concerns and understanding what matters to ordinary voters.*

Looks like her evil plan is working wink

Like you say the proof will be in the pudding, but currently I'm with t4nut and maud. Our home relies on the public sector for income, and currently I don't feel that our future is secure.

TheWrathFromHighAtopTheThing Wed 05-Oct-16 13:16:23

I am ordinary voter. I am utterly ashamed to be part of this nation - and that goes double since she got up this week and spouted her racist, ungrateful, UKIP-pandering, lowest common denominator, bread and circuses pile of divisive bollocks.

I have a foreign surname. Wonder if I'll end up on a list.

witsender Wed 05-Oct-16 13:16:26

Ah yes, all of that was so well explained wasn't it. What about the other 48%?

xinchao Wed 05-Oct-16 13:16:51

Yes. YABVU.

Her stance on immigration, foreign workers and human rights is vile.

MaudGonneMad Wed 05-Oct-16 13:17:02

I thought the referendum was about in/out of the EU. I didn't see anything on the ballot paper about targeting foreign workers, foreign-born children, international students, or human rights lawyers. Maybe I missed that confused

witsender Wed 05-Oct-16 13:17:15

Hmmmm. I thought my.post had disappeared! Sorry for.the double.

Twogoats Wed 05-Oct-16 13:18:09

I admire her, not sure I agree with her though!

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 05-Oct-16 13:18:54

Tbh Maud if you didn't think the EU referendum had anything to do with foreign workers, I'm a bit surprised.

MaudGonneMad Wed 05-Oct-16 13:19:37

I didn't see anything on the ballot paper about targeting foreign workers, foreign-born children, international students, or human rights lawyers.

Nor was any of this in the Tory manifesto... So how does she know that's what 'ordinary voters' want?

ChardonnayKnickertonSmythe Wed 05-Oct-16 13:20:17

I was relieved when she became PM instead of Leadsom but now I worried.
Not convinced by her.

ThatIsNachoCheese Wed 05-Oct-16 13:20:44

She's fucking awful. They may as well rename themselves Tory Ukip party.
She fucked the police service, I don't trust her one bit.

formerbabe Wed 05-Oct-16 13:21:51

The mistake so many politicians made was to ignore people's concerns over immigration and dismiss them as racist. They cannot carry on ignoring people and their worries.

MaudGonneMad Wed 05-Oct-16 13:23:57

I didn't say the referendum had nothing to do with foreign workers. I don't think it was about targeting those already here (important distinction)

I don't think Leave voters were voting for employers having to compile lists of foreign workers to 'flush out' and 'shame' businesses with high multi-national workforces.

But maybe I'm wrong.

acasualobserver Wed 05-Oct-16 13:24:05

She is quite skilfully occupying the centre ground vacated by Labour so kudos for that. Doesn't mean her Tory spots have changed though.

TheNaze73 Wed 05-Oct-16 13:27:20

So far, so good. She's started off very well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now