Talk

Advanced search

To think this can't be my period?

(13 Posts)
SEsofty Wed 05-Oct-16 09:45:24

Four month old ds, ebf.

I woke up today with horrendous stomach cramps, lower back ache, headache and truly vile mood. It feels as though my period is about to start but surely it shouldn't return until I stop feeding or at least cut down significantly- not the case with a massive four month growth spurt feeding.

So aibu to think that my period shouldn't be starting.

Gardencentregroupie Wed 05-Oct-16 09:47:11

Sorry but it could well be. Mine was back when DD was 4 months and I never knew a child who fed as much as she did. My cousin didn't think hers could come back and that's why she has 14 months between her DDs.

newmumwithquestions Wed 05-Oct-16 10:07:33

Yes it could be. EBF here. Started again after 3 months, though it was lighter than it had been, not 'back to normal'. Pg again by 6 months. EBF no 2 again and periods started again around 4 months.
Sorry but it probably is.

PinkPizza Wed 05-Oct-16 10:12:49

All it takes is one 5 hour break in feeding to start ovulating again

reallyanotherone Wed 05-Oct-16 10:19:51

Mine started exactly 28 days after the birth and were regular from then, despite ebf for 18 months- and not weaning on to solids until 6 months.

You can have periods while breastfeeding so yes, yabu.

SEsofty Wed 05-Oct-16 10:24:11

Oh rubbish. Have taken painkillers and toddler is watching TV. Feeding baby and just feeling very sorry for myself

Osirus Wed 05-Oct-16 10:25:13

Mine recently started at 3 months - also EBF.

Thingywhatsit Wed 05-Oct-16 10:26:59

I ebf and mine came back when she was just under 7 weeks . I was not a happy bunny 🙁🙁🙁🙁🙁🍰🍰🍰🍰 for you op

soupmaker Wed 05-Oct-16 10:30:40

It's a complete bastard. I EBF until 6 months and carried on BF until 15 months. Bloody period came back when DD2 was 5 months old. Have cake, lots of it. You deserve it.

AnyFarrahFowler Wed 05-Oct-16 10:37:09

Same here - 8 month old DS breastfed and my period came back after 3 months! Interestingly, he seems to have re-set my body settings, and my once irregular, unpredictable periods are now like clockwork - 3 days long, every 4 weeks, and not as painful! Every cloud and all that!

sleepy16 Wed 05-Oct-16 11:42:03

I've just got mine at 8 months post partrum, she breastfeeds just as much as she did as a tiny baby prob even more .
But I was getting period pain for a while before I actually got my period.

rogertherabbit Wed 05-Oct-16 13:07:43

Are any of you on the mini pill? I've been on it since 6-8 weeks post partum and still no period at 5 months. DD is EBF

DrunkenUnicorn Wed 05-Oct-16 14:46:04

Could well be, sorry...

Baby is 4m here and I had the most AWFUL heavy period two weeks ago. So bad I couldn't leave the house and was having to empty my diva cup every two hours or it was leaking...

Which considering I bled till 4 weeks initially, then had on and off spotting from weeks 6-9, all whilst EBF every 2 hours, I feel I got a pretty shit deal!! hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now