Talk

Advanced search

To ask the newspaper Lady to quieten down

(11 Posts)
LadyCinderelephant Wed 05-Oct-16 08:50:32

We get a free local paper delivered, when it arrives you know its arrived-That is after you have figured out that you are not being burgled/raided by police/have the mafia at the door!
She must try and stick the damn thing through sideways as she bangs, clatter, kicks the letterbox (or something like) and eventually rams it through. Every time I shit myself, then realise what it is and want to slap her with the paper!
So would I be a bint if I left a note on the door asking for papers to be posted quietly, or is she likely then to shit in it before raiding the letterbox next time? confused

ParForTheCourses Wed 05-Oct-16 10:17:44

Why not just ask them to be left on the door step? Leave a carrier there in case it rains? Say the letterbox is damaged?

She could listen to a 'please quiet ' note but she could go the other way and get louder.

BlancheBlue Wed 05-Oct-16 10:19:27

Do you want the paper?

gleam Wed 05-Oct-16 10:58:58

Record yourself putting the paper through the door.
It's possible that she is being quiet and you just have The World's Noisiest Letterbox. shockwink

5Foot5 Wed 05-Oct-16 13:27:04

Agree with gleam. A couple of time I have delivered leaflets on our estate advertising a local event. Some people's letter boxes are absolute bastards. I thought I had lost the end of a finger in one of them.

wasonthelist Wed 05-Oct-16 13:49:41

Another vote for gleam and 5foot5 I have a massive respect for Postfolk since I did some leafleting too - some people have some extraordinary ideas about what constitutes a letterbox.

If you don't want the paper, just get them to stop delivering it.

myownprivateidaho Wed 05-Oct-16 13:55:51

If your letterbox is hard to post stuff through then you're the only one that can solve that problem. But if you're not going to do that, why not just speak to her and ask her if she'd mind leaving it on the doorstep?

myownprivateidaho Wed 05-Oct-16 13:56:40

And yes it would definitely be unreasonable to ask for "papers to be posted quietly"!

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Wed 05-Oct-16 14:03:00

Some people have really clangy letterboxes that almost take your hand off as they slam shut.

I suggest you check yours isn't one of them.

And even if it isn't, unless she is delivering the paper at about 3 in the morning, YABU.

lilydaisyrose Wed 05-Oct-16 22:09:46

Haha!!!

I have my own business - I deliver 1,500 newsletters to local houses every month. I'm sure your delivery person is just trying to get round your estate as quickly as possible and probably cursing you for having a fucking annoying letterbox! Why don't you try to put something of a similar size/shape through it and see how easy (or not) it is to work?

My pet hates are long drives without a letterbox at the end, letterboxes that want to take your fingers off or are too stiff, people who have no clear place to leave their post and people who leave irrirating notes!!

KathArtic Wed 05-Oct-16 22:36:43

My DD delivers the papers and the rules are it has to be pushed completely through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now