Talk

Advanced search

to be really pissed off and shoot a followup email?

(13 Posts)
CoolToned Wed 05-Oct-16 02:34:02

I ordered something online on September 15. After a week, I followed up because I noticed it still said "processing" in the website. No response. After a few days, I followed up again. Still no response. Then I found the status changed to "on hold". I emailed for the last time, which was unanswered.

I left a message on their social media, and sure enough, they answered quickly. Then they asked me if I still wanted the item and they'd email it to me through express post.

I told them just please cancel and issue a refund. They said ok, they will do that first thing in the morning.

It's the afternoon and the refund has still not been processed.

AIBU to follow-up now or do I wait?

VioletBam Wed 05-Oct-16 03:04:56

Which company is it?

CoolToned Wed 05-Oct-16 03:07:56

It's an Australian retail company. I am in Australia.

VioletBam Wed 05-Oct-16 03:08:47

I am too! :D Which one OP? Not Target is it?

CoolToned Wed 05-Oct-16 03:10:48

Sent you a PM VioletBam smile

MidniteScribbler Wed 05-Oct-16 03:50:48

Another aussie here. Are you sure it's not your bank? I've had refunds processed and it's taken a couple of days to appear in my bank.

CoolToned Wed 05-Oct-16 03:51:50

Hi Midnite,

I have not gotten a notification that the refund has been processed so I doubt it.

NightCzar Wed 05-Oct-16 04:00:06

Aussie banks are rubbish. It's probably their fault. But you could send a nice email querying it.

Tezza1 Wed 05-Oct-16 04:18:54

I'm in Australia, too. if it's a very large communication company, don't hold your breath. Dealing with them is like beating your head against a brick wall.

As for target, I've never had a problem with them.

CoolToned Wed 05-Oct-16 05:23:08

Nope, it's not Target smile Smaller clothing company with expensive clothes

ParForTheCourses Wed 05-Oct-16 08:22:04

Follow up on social media this morning. Song bother with email if they didn't bother responding to them before. Plus it's better for other customers to see this, gives transparency and them more a view of the company.

ParForTheCourses Wed 05-Oct-16 08:22:27

Don't rather not song blush

I don't know if it's the same as the UK but refunds to debit cards here are rarely instant, most take around 48 hours to show on your account.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now