To think this lady is going to be very disspointed with motherhood

(171 Posts)
Thefishewife Tue 04-Oct-16 10:47:17

Listening to 3 counties radio

And this lady was raging because Cine world wouldn't allow her to bring her 4 month old in to watch Bridget Jones

It's a 15 btw

The radio presenter said well it's a 15 and can you not see that they aren't legal allowed to let under 15 in

*she went on to say well life has to carry on I shouldn't be stoped from doing things because I have a baby*😳 I think this lady is going to be very disspointed with all the things YOU can't do once you have a child

She said that they shouldn't have age limits and it should be left to the parents to choose 😳The fact she is trying to take a 4 month old to the pictures shows that it really really shouldn't be left to parents

mintthins Tue 04-Oct-16 10:49:09

YABVU

Lots of cinemas now do parent and baby screenings, just for this purpose. Stop being such a sanctimonious misery guts.

DerekSprechenZeDick Tue 04-Oct-16 10:49:22

grin

Starryeyed16 Tue 04-Oct-16 10:49:24

Some people lack general common sense and why's Inapproiate thankfully the cinema protected their own viewers who pay a lot of money to attend.

PurpleDaisies Tue 04-Oct-16 10:49:24

I don't know about being disappointed with motherhood. I think she'll just spend a lot of time being angry with the world. I expect she was annoyed before but now she has a new reason to complain to companies.

JenLindleyShitMom Tue 04-Oct-16 10:49:30

grin she's an idiot.

PurpleDaisies Tue 04-Oct-16 10:50:14

mint this wasn't a parent and baby screening. Presumably she wouldn't have been stopped from going to that.

KondosSecretJunkRoom Tue 04-Oct-16 10:50:15

I thought that you could legally take under 1s into any rated movie because they are incorruptible (or some other phrase that amounts to the same).

I don't think that cinemas should have to accommodate babies in these circumstances but I don't think that's a legal argument.

SaucyJack Tue 04-Oct-16 10:50:55

? Plenty of cinemas have special screenings to allow parents to take under-1s in with them when they watch adult rated films.

VladmirsPoutine Tue 04-Oct-16 10:52:30

I hate these faux righteous handwringing sanctimonious types. That said, opinions tend to be on either extreme on Mumsnet regarding new parents. Should life continue as normal or should we all be tip toeing round baby so it doesn't stir?

WorraLiberty Tue 04-Oct-16 10:52:42

Lots of cinemas now do parent and baby screenings, just for this purpose. Stop being such a sanctimonious misery guts.

So she should fuck off to one, shouldn't she? Instead of expecting to go to any screening she chooses confused

YANBU OP.

Pootles2010 Tue 04-Oct-16 10:52:48

Yeah you can legally - our 'big scream' session at local cinema regularly shows tarantinos etc. More that this isn't one of those, and others won't want to be disturbed.

As others have said, she sounds a very angry lady.

Thefishewife Tue 04-Oct-16 10:53:29

I know they have mother and baby screenings so she should of bloody gone t o one of those

Also they are mostly PG or 12A films not 15 films

She couldn't understand why she shouldn't be entitled to take her baby anywhere she wished

Teahornet Tue 04-Oct-16 10:54:01

Nonsense, OP. The age guidelines are to prevent older children (not newborns) being exposed to inappropriate levels of violence, swearing, sex etc. Parent and baby showings frequent show 15s films, for heaven's sake. Do you think a four month old is going to be corrupted by Bridget saying 'fuck' a lot? (If she does, I haven't seen it...)

A baby potentially disturbing other cinemagoers outside the context of specific parent and baby screenings is another matter, obviously. Though I have to say it's something that I and virtually every new urban based mother I know did at some point - took a very small baby asleep in a sling into an almost empty early afternoon weekday showing, and stuck them on the breast if they woke.

We used to go to the lunchtime films at the Wood Green cineplex when I lived in London, and there used to be about five people in there on a good day.

Thefishewife Tue 04-Oct-16 10:55:44

It's bloody mad

It's like Morden parents are developing separation anxiety

She should get a bloody baby sitter like normal people or leave baby with oh then go with her mum in the evening

AndNowItsSeven Tue 04-Oct-16 10:56:13

It's not illegal to take a baby to a 15. I used to take ds2 to the cinema all the time when he was under six months. Mostly I just breastfed him.

instantly Tue 04-Oct-16 10:57:00

I can't really see the problem with a quiet 4 month old in a 15 film. It's not like they're going to be watching it.

instantly Tue 04-Oct-16 10:57:35

Maybe she hasn't got any babysitters. Maybe she just wanted to see the film? Maybe she hasn't got an OH?

KondosSecretJunkRoom Tue 04-Oct-16 10:58:12

I wish you'd settle on one argument, you're a bit slippery on this OP.

Sackmagique Tue 04-Oct-16 10:58:25

Meh. In retrospect I could have easily taken DS to the cinema when he was that age. Wish I had, because we certainly couldn't do it now.

Baby screenings here are on about 10am. I frequently hadn't even got as far as the kitchen by then!

DoloresVanCartier Tue 04-Oct-16 10:58:28

Hmmm I think yanbu, I took DS to baby screenings (which were cheaper, but not massively attended), I wouldn't have dreamt to take him to a "normal" screening as I'd probably be too interested in him than the film and wouldn't wanted to have disrupted the viewing pleasure of others.
If I paid the extortionate full ticket price to watch a movie I'd be pretty pissed off if a baby cried through it or if I was distracted by someone moving about loads dealing with a baby.
As not very flush, the cinema is a massive treat for me and even though DS is 12 now, I view it as me time. So I think SHE was bvvu

instantly Tue 04-Oct-16 10:59:51

I took DS once or twice when he was a baby. Why should I have to stay at home? I wanted to see the film and didn't have a babysitter, ergo he came with me.

RiverTam Tue 04-Oct-16 10:59:58

Personally she sounds like she's got more common sense than you, OP. Her child is a babe-in-arms, not a toddler.

instantly Tue 04-Oct-16 11:02:34

*I know they have mother and baby screenings so she should of bloody gone t o one of those

Also they are mostly PG or 12A films not 15 films

She couldn't understand why she shouldn't be entitled to take her baby anywhere she wished*

I don't understand you here. Why would a PG or 12A make a difference when the baby is only 4 months old? If you think the certificate was the problem then a 12 wouldn't be any different.

Also, she can take her baby to the cinema, so why shouldn't she? You're allowed to take a human being anywhere a human being is allowed. I can't see why that it is "entitled" behaviour?

Pineapplemilkshake Tue 04-Oct-16 11:02:54

I'd be bloody pissed if if I went to the cinema and had to listen to a baby crying. Nothing to stop her going to parent and baby sessions surely?

I didn't have a DP when my son was a baby. So I waited until the films came out on DVD or I paid a babysitter rather than whinge to the world about how unfair it was!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now