Talk

Advanced search

Wedding cake leftovers

(10 Posts)
SB3008 Mon 03-Oct-16 20:37:15

After our wedding last year, my mum very kindly took our left over cake and popped it in her freezer.

My parents have gone away today and asked me to do a few things at their house. When I got there, all of our wedding cake was sat on the side in the kitchen defrosted.

AIBU to be upset that DM didn't tell me she was taking it out the freezer? I've spoken to them and it's been out since Friday so probably now inedible.

To make things worse, they came round for dinner on Friday and could have brought it to be put in our freezer...

Littlepeople12345 Mon 03-Oct-16 20:38:17

Why did they take it out?

Leeds2 Mon 03-Oct-16 20:38:51

When you spoke to DM, why did she say she had taken the cake out of the freezer?

SB3008 Mon 03-Oct-16 20:53:15

She didn't say but having looked in their freezer, I'm assuming it's because she's bulk made a load of food for my DS whilst they are away.

I'm not upset that she took it out, i'm just upset that she didn't tell me and now it's been lying around for days and will probably have to be binned unless anyone has a clever idea!!

wowfudge Mon 03-Oct-16 21:10:24

Is it fruitcake? It may be fine in that case.

SB3008 Mon 03-Oct-16 21:12:01

Nope, mostly chocolate and a few slices of lemon unfortunately sad

SB3008 Mon 03-Oct-16 21:12:23

Nope, mostly chocolate and a few slices of lemon unfortunately sad

blueturtle6 Mon 03-Oct-16 21:15:45

Eat it tonight (or over next few days) take to office?

Littlecaf Mon 03-Oct-16 21:16:40

Perhaps she forgot to tell you she's taken it out?
Maybe she thought you'd see it and take it home to your freezer?

Maybe just ask her?

SB3008 Mon 03-Oct-16 21:18:59

I'm self employed, working from home and currently on slimming world so no way can I eat it.

Yes she just says she forgot despite speaking to me multiple times and actually seeing me.

Is there anything I can make from them that can be refrozen??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now