dummy clips

(10 Posts)
ammagrassme Mon 03-Oct-16 18:28:55

the ones with beads. are these illegal?

Soubriquet Mon 03-Oct-16 18:35:06

No they aren't illegal

Unsafe probably, especially if made by a facebooker, but there's no law banning them.

ammagrassme Mon 03-Oct-16 18:53:58

i've seen someone selling them on fb. they've got more things dangling off them than a christmas tree. i thought items made for babies had to be CE tested and such, and these things having beads on wouldn't pass.

quasibex Mon 03-Oct-16 19:20:16

The 'craft' people normally get around any legal issues by calling them decorative and having small print somewhere to say shouldn't be used by actual children.

Which is laughable really as their intention is perfectly clear and any decent litigation lawyer would have them over a barrel if something went wrong.

If someone must have a dummy clip they should stick with the run of the mill safety tested ones from boots/mothercare/any other reputable store.

ammagrassme Mon 03-Oct-16 19:41:59

this is some girl mid 20's selling these. no page to speak of, just posting in buy sell groups advertised as dummy clips, pram charms, blinged up dummys etc
one pictured has 3 names on it. it's probably the size of a tow rope.
anyone buying these needs their head testing

Alabastard Mon 03-Oct-16 20:03:10

People will always buy that tat.

Eminybob Mon 03-Oct-16 20:06:47

They are ugly, tacky and dangerous. Right up there with Amber bloody teething necklaces as my pet hates.

JammyDodger16 Mon 03-Oct-16 20:13:05

Definitely not legal as a product to be used by children but like other posters have said, if they say not to be used by children it's a get out clause.

They can't be sold on eBay as they know they're not safe.

ammagrassme Mon 03-Oct-16 20:23:13

makes me have the rage when i see them. usually i scroll on by, but the ones i have just seen have these dangly plastic things on them. stars, teddy bears, love hearts etc. they look like the worst of a bad bunch.

butterfliesandzebras Mon 03-Oct-16 20:33:40

I think I read about trading standards shutting some of the more prolific sellers of these down, but there are so many small scale sellers.... not much they can do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now