Talk

Advanced search

To find such articles ridiculous and a bit sexist?

(8 Posts)
WinterIsHereJon Sun 02-Oct-16 21:51:56

DM article so apologies in advance. IABU for reading, I know!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3818112/Theresa-recycles-leopard-print-diamante-Russell-Bromley-kitten-heels.html

I don't remember reading any articles about David Cameron's choice of footwear. Ever. I think it says a lot about our society that, on the day our PM reveals her timeline for Brexit, there's an article about her shoes. Seemingly just because she's a woman? All I'm interested in is how well she does her job, couldn't give a monkeys if she was wearing Minion slippers on her feet. AIBU to think this is sexist?

MrsHathaway Sun 02-Oct-16 21:54:51

A bit sexist?

HeyNannyNanny Sun 02-Oct-16 22:00:04

The Metro did a fantastic satire about Theresa Mays husbands choice of suit when she was first made PM. Highlighted a lot of issues

HeyNannyNanny Sun 02-Oct-16 22:01:19

Metro Article

LittleWingSoul Sun 02-Oct-16 22:01:43

The Metro did a satire?!

TwentyCups Sun 02-Oct-16 22:01:50

This is unbelievably sexist. I never read a single article about anything David Cameron wore. I did read a lot of stuff about his wife's fashion choices though! Pisses me off.

WorraLiberty Sun 02-Oct-16 22:21:50

I think it says a lot about our society that, on the day our PM reveals her timeline for Brexit, there's an article about her shoes. Seemingly just because she's a woman

Why are you blaming society, instead of blaming your choice of newspaper?

It's the Daily Mail readers such as yourself, who encourage them to keep printing this shit, not 'society'.

SquirrelPaws Sun 02-Oct-16 22:26:52

In today's Sunday Times, she provides her mum's scone recipe. Forgive me if my memory is failing, but I don't remember a male,prime minister being asked to share baking tips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now