Talk

Advanced search

Wwyd... Aibu to spend £370 insurance?

(8 Posts)
Theladyloriana Sun 02-Oct-16 12:12:05

My HTC one was deemed beyond economical repair when I sent it off with my insurance for mending. They have said as they dont have the same phone in stock I can either have a samsung, 370 quid Argos voucher to choose my own or 350 quid cash! I am very skint , half way through a 40 pound a month contract and currently using my old htc with a cracked screen but it's ok, usable, a bit slow.

Obviously I use a smart phone all the time and for everthing.

I would really like to spend the money on a new phone that is unbroken, quick and reliable, but I am very poor and could pay off some of my credit card with it... Help.

Theladyloriana Sun 02-Oct-16 12:12:41

Wwyd?!

FeckTheMagicDragon Sun 02-Oct-16 12:13:53

Take the money - get a refurbished 2nd hand phone

monkeyfacegrace Sun 02-Oct-16 12:14:46

Personally I'd buy a galaxy note 2 for £100 ish but I have no time for fancy phones.

AlbertaDewdrop Sun 02-Oct-16 12:15:11

Is £370 the cost of the same phone that you have at Argos?

Highlandfling80 Sun 02-Oct-16 12:17:47

I would take cash and buy a cheaper phone.

MatildaTheCat Sun 02-Oct-16 12:18:10

Our whole family has Samsung phones. No need for the very latest one. Or,mas others have said, get a much cheaper one.

Theladyloriana Sun 02-Oct-16 13:00:00

Thanks all. Original phone is 309.in Argos... I take all my pics of the kids on my phone and its also an area of interest for me... Do the cheaper phones have as good cameras? Do reconditioned phones last as well as new phones?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now