To be mightily pissed off at my hairdresser?

(169 Posts)
WhatamessIgotinto Sun 02-Oct-16 09:43:41

Mobile hairdresser, comes to the house. Had an appt for 11.30 yesterday morning and I texted her at 8am to let her know that DD had D & V all night and though she was welcome to come if she wanted, I would totally understand if she wanted to rearrange to another day. She has three children and thought she might not want to come in case it was passed on to them. (She texted me on Friday to ask if she could bring her 2 year old twins with her).

She didn't respond and didn't turn up - fair enough, I wouldn't have wanted to come either tbh. I've just logged on Facebook to see a post she put on her page yesterday morning saying 'Don't you just love when clients cancel at the last minute with 'sick children'? No concern for my livelihood!'. This is followed by lots of 'that's terrible hun' comments.

I have no doubt that's about me and I'm fucking pissed off. In the 10 years she's been coming to me I've had to cancel once and that was about two days before and I still paid her (which I would have done this time too). I need to sit on my hands and not react don't I?

gettingitwrongputingitright Sun 02-Oct-16 09:46:10

Time for a new hairdresser.

MrsSpenserGregson Sun 02-Oct-16 09:46:17

I'd be tempted to screenshot the text message I'd sent to her (the one explaining about the d&v *and asking her what she would prefer to do*) and pop it in the comments section underneath her Facebook post, then unfriend her.

Childish maybe, but I'd be raging!

angeldiver Sun 02-Oct-16 09:46:56

I'd be reacting.....and looking for a new hairdresser.

MrsSpenserGregson Sun 02-Oct-16 09:47:10

Oh and YANBU to be pissed off AT ALL

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Sun 02-Oct-16 09:47:24

I would want to screenshot the message and state what you've written here about only having cancelled once in 10 years and paying her for it.

In reality I'd probably just like the post and then find a new hairdresser, she sounds awful.

Hope your dd is better soon.

sooperdooper Sun 02-Oct-16 09:47:27

What a twat! I'd never use her again, infact you should comment 'you were very welcome still to come & take your chances with the D&V but you've now lost a customer permanently'

Then block her, and find a new hairdresser - her loss!!

PikachuSayBoo Sun 02-Oct-16 09:47:46

Oh I would react but very politely.

I would point out that you've been a loyal customer for ten years with no issue and you think it's unprofessional of her to be slagging her clients off in such a manner. I would point out that you didn't cancel, you gave her the option not to come if she didn't want to be exposed to bugs and that she she chose not to come. You would have been more than happy to have your hair done still.

I would find a new hairdresser.

Giratina Sun 02-Oct-16 09:48:03

She is totally unprofessional to be putting that on Facebook. I'd be tempted to screen shot it and send her a message saying you won't be using her again because you don't appreciate being publicly criticised like that. Unforeseen circumstances happen, you'd think after 10 years she would know that. I also think she was cheeky as fuck to expect to bring her 2 year olds to your house too.

VladmirsPoutine Sun 02-Oct-16 09:48:07

Talk about cutting of your nose! Tell her to get to fuck that you will no longer require her services.

PikachuSayBoo Sun 02-Oct-16 09:48:24

Do you think she's forgotten you're on her fb friend list?

WhatamessIgotinto Sun 02-Oct-16 09:48:26

I really want to rise about it. But I'm not sure I can, my childish side is tingling ...

Angel64391 Sun 02-Oct-16 09:48:33

You need to find a new hairdresser! Very rude and unprofessional of her. Put a comment on her status telling her so, I'd be furious if somebody implied I was lying about my child being ill! In hindsight perhaps a phone call might have been better than a text message? Still no excuse to write about a customer on social media

sooperdooper Sun 02-Oct-16 09:48:38

Yes, and screen shot the text and showing her lack of reply

ladygracie Sun 02-Oct-16 09:48:55

Definitely use someone else & let her know that you've seen her post. Why was she bringing her 2yr old twins? That doesn't sound very practical.

InformalMother Sun 02-Oct-16 09:49:08

She's a strange one because she must know you'd see her post?

I'd have to comment about your dd having d&v and how you've only cancelled her once in 10yrs and still paid her. I wouldn't use her again either.

SpaceUnicorn Sun 02-Oct-16 09:49:19

She sounds like a bitch. An unprofessional bitch. Don't ever use her again.

WhatamessIgotinto Sun 02-Oct-16 09:49:59

And, AND my hairs still a fucking mess. grin

Gizlotsmum Sun 02-Oct-16 09:52:03

See I would have to reply. Along the lines of you are sorry someone else cancelled but you understand why she didn't want to risk keeping your appointment. Oh and just to ensure you don't end up being 'that client' you will no longer be using her smile

NoArmaniNoPunani Sun 02-Oct-16 09:52:10

If she's put that on her FB where you can see it then you should respond.
What a nobhead

YouMakeMyDreams Sun 02-Oct-16 09:52:30

I'd have to say something but I'm not known for diplomacy at times.
I'd screen shot the text and say what you said here about the last 10 years then point out she's lost a regular client for good because she was so unprofessional.

MargotFenring Sun 02-Oct-16 09:53:23

As others have said, I would screenshot my message, and posit it. I really would. I am sick of drama llamas, poor little me types like this and have got to age where I don't tolerate them.

She is being a dick. It would be a disservice to the rest of the world not to point this out, clearly and in a way that makes her think twice before she does it again.

YouMakeMyDreams Sun 02-Oct-16 09:54:13

I should say though if I'd read that about someone else on my hairdressers page I'd just think she was a bit of a knob tbh because we can't choose when our children are ill and as she goes to people's houses the last thing you need sometimes is to deal with that while you've got a child vomiting everywhere.

Aeroflotgirl Sun 02-Oct-16 09:55:07

That is unprofessional, and unacceptable. I would delete her, and find a new hairdresser. No doubt she would have complained if you had not let her know, and her kids have got the bug. I would not be happy with the hairdresser bringing her kids to clients, how can she concentrate on the job. My mobile lady is wonderful, no such attitude like that, really great hairdresser Ive been going to for years.

ClopySow Sun 02-Oct-16 09:55:10

Rise above it.

Or like and share her post. With a copy of your text conversation.

Either or.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now