To think it would be nice to see the gym members list and spy an ex there prior to making the commitment to join.

(7 Posts)
tellyjots Sat 01-Oct-16 23:08:35

So, joined a lovely (very well known) family gym/fitness club earlier this year. Brilliant facilities for children and parents alike.

Managed to book my eldest daughter in for a class unexpectedly the first week said gym opened.

And then.....just as I am taking her upstairs to class, I spot the bastarding twat of an ex. Who has similar aged daughter confused

Have seen him every week since.

If I'd seen his name on the membership list I wouldn't have joined.

AIBU to suggest seeing his name would have been good? I wouldn't have to remind myself of the awful taste in men and gullibility of my former self if I'd known.

sparechange Sat 01-Oct-16 23:10:48

Of course they would never ever show prospective members a list, and I would never be a member of any gym that did this

But they will usually give you a free weeks membership before you commit, so you could use that to check there aren't any weirdos or exes going at the time you will be

HeyOverHere Sun 02-Oct-16 00:24:15

YABU. A membership list is private information for reasons that benefit both the members and the business.

Your best route would be to switch up your schedule as to not see the ex, and if that's not possible, to talk to the manager about the situation and see if a cancellation is possible without having to pay an arm and a leg.

toastytoastbear Sun 02-Oct-16 01:22:53

"ex partner still physically exists" - hold the front page!

grow up

tellyjots Sun 02-Oct-16 07:14:58

Should have clarified that this was light hearted.

Of course I know it's unreasonable to expect that.

phillipp Sun 02-Oct-16 07:18:02

This is a possibility whatever you do.

Sign you kids up to any activity and you could find someone from your past there.

It happened to me when Dd went to ballet. A girl I vaguely used to know tipped up with her kids and joined. About 6 years previously she had emailed me threatening to slit mine and dhs throat. The police were involved.

I waited it out, ignoring her presence, until Dd had done all the classes I paid for and then left.

At absolutely no point should a gym be giving you an entire members list for you to study.

TutanKaDashian Sun 02-Oct-16 07:34:18

Does no-one realise what the OP said was light hearted?

I realised that as soon as I read it hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now