Where's your lady cave?

(78 Posts)
FledglingFTB Sat 01-Oct-16 17:52:43

Not a euphemism, it's the only thing I could think of for the female equivalent of a ManCave.

Just about to complete on first house and DH has already placed dibs on the basement as his domain.

Initially I was grin at the thought of no longer having to put up with his hoards of shite hobby strewn around the home. However, now I'm a bit envy - when do I get my own space and why's there no such thing as a lady cave?! <sniggers>

AIBU, do you have your own space at home?

QuiltedAloeVera Sat 01-Oct-16 17:57:37

Yep. I nabbed the third bedroom (tiny box room really) and declared it A Room Of Quilted's Own. It contains a big desk and the most comfortable chair ever bought cheap off eBay. After dinner, for an hour or so, I lurk. I am content.

snakesalive Sat 01-Oct-16 17:58:58

Vera,I'm so jealous

shaggedthruahedgebackwards Sat 01-Oct-16 17:59:19

My sewing room

It's a tiny box room but I bloody love it!

DH has the garage

flightywoman Sat 01-Oct-16 18:03:53

Husband had the spare room for his collection of things - note use of past tense! - it is now shared with my craft things. Took me 8 years but I have successfully colonised it!

Blueskyrain Sat 01-Oct-16 18:07:10

My office is also my lady cave.

EllaHen Sat 01-Oct-16 18:08:28

Our bedroom. It's upstairs, lovely sea views, the quality of the light is almost ethereal at times (like right now) and I've got a smart tv hooked up to Netflix and Prime.

So, so comfortable.

Sparklingbrook Sat 01-Oct-16 18:09:37

I don't really want a lady cave to sit all alone in. sad

I quite like to lie in bed and watch TV if that counts. I mostly like going out and sitting in coffee shops if I want some alone time.

monkeywithacowface Sat 01-Oct-16 18:11:34

I have my own bedroom. It's nicely decorated with no clutter (my wardrobes and all my stuff live in DH's bedroom) it's like a permanent guest room that's just for me.

ToastDemon Sat 01-Oct-16 18:13:51

My home, most of the time. DH works away a lot at present, can be up to a couple of months at a time.

bluesbaby Sat 01-Oct-16 18:14:27

Spare room is mine!!

Randytortoise Sat 01-Oct-16 18:19:16

My bathroom! I have my own ensuite (dh uses guest bathroom) I've decorated it in fuscia pink with butterflies everywhere, I love it.

slightlyglitterbrained Sat 01-Oct-16 18:24:47

I had grand plans for turning the spare room into a tiny library - cosy chairs, floorstanding lamps, enough bookshelves.

Instead it became The Room Of Crap and only now, 5 years later, is it starting to get cleared. angry

suchafuss Sat 01-Oct-16 18:26:01

I have my own bedroom and ensuite. Also spare room used as my office and beauty room. Husband has his own bedroom and thats it. He dreams of winning the lottery and having his own cave!

Middleoftheroad Sat 01-Oct-16 18:30:02

My bedroom (DH sleeps in box room during the week)

It has a superking size bed (and will get the electric blanket down now - DH doesn't like it) lots of pillows, wall lights etc.

It also has a huge TV hooked up to smart TV

And a coffee machine by the bed

I love cosying up in there - with the cats!

FledglingFTB Sat 01-Oct-16 18:30:33

Ooh, good to hear that it's not just me.

It's a three bed, so I was thinking the spare room could be my LC similar to Quilted. But now apparently the cellar isn't fit for Ye Olde desktop PC (he does think he could squeeze in a HD flat screen though), so I'm guessing he's got eyes on there too.

I really don't see why I should have to have the second bedroom and then have to remove my crap stuff whenever we have guests.

I'm waiting for "let's share 3rd bed room..." envy

FledglingFTB Sat 01-Oct-16 18:32:25

Can I just live with some of you? Sea views, an ensuite and bedside espresso... Sounds bloody blissful!

Spudlet Sat 01-Oct-16 18:34:19

Our house is too small for either a dedicated man or lady cave, though DH does have his desk in the corner of the kitchen. Not sure that really counts though. More of a man corner!

I have designs on the nursery glider chair when it's no longer needed in DS's room, I may try to rejig our bedroom and make part of it my lady corner.

StarlingMurmuration Sat 01-Oct-16 18:36:02

The whole house is my woman cave, tbh. DP has the shed for his cave.

sportinguista Sat 01-Oct-16 18:47:21

It's my office which is a corner of the dining room which is my domain and not to be touched by son or husband. DH has his computer desk and ps 4 upstairs which I assume is the man cave shared between him and DS. Mine contains my Mac which is my baby...

TeenAndTween Sat 01-Oct-16 18:50:49

There are 2 places I go to be alone:
- our utility room to iron and listen to The Archers (now finally able to listen again after months of stress)
- our guest bathroom, which is always clean and tidy, and has a bath

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sat 01-Oct-16 18:54:01

I've got a lovely, light and airy potting shed in the garden for me, my radio, my cup of tea and my seedlings. DH doesn't have one.

Cherrysoup Sat 01-Oct-16 18:57:46

3rd bedroom was turned into a Cherrysoup cave when work requirements increased. Two years later, I'm just starting to use it! It is covered in my crap, odd postcards on the pinboard, random things kids have given me, a chair I spent he's choosing and a yellow filing cabinet, marvellous!

BoaConstrictor Sat 01-Oct-16 19:00:21

I've just sorted out the study & have made space in a lovely, light flooded corner for a comfy chair, little table & lamp and I intend to go & hide there when I just want to read in peace.

sonlypuppyfat Sat 01-Oct-16 19:00:39

Get to the kitchen woman, know your placegrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now