Advanced search

to ask neighbours screaming children to make less noise?

(5 Posts)
musicmomma Sat 01-Oct-16 17:32:21

Our neighbour has several young children and they constantly play in the road, even though they have a massive garden front back and side like we do. This is really dangerous as cars come tearing round the corner constantly. I once saw their toddler run across the road, naked, seconds before a van raced round. Thank god it wasn't a moment earlier

Anyway, the children constantly constantly scream. I don't mean high jinks, or laughter, I mean that piercing yelp that children make. It's absolutely all the time. Sometimes without interval, I will look out of the window to see one of them, eyes scrunched shut, mouth wide, screaming. I work from home teaching music and even though my windows are shut, this is a constant accompaniment to my classes. The parents also swear very very loudly at the children all the time 'i told you not to bring your fucking toys outside' for example, at the top of their voice. I love children, I work with many children and am lucky enough to be waiting for the arrival of my own in April!

Can I ask them to stop making so much screaming? Or swearing? Or is it none of my business? Anyone else have neighbours like this?

Again it's not normal laughing and playing, it's scream scream scream. When I had terrible morning sickness, I appreciated it even less!

hmcAsWas Sat 01-Oct-16 17:34:23

Hmmm - this isn't great, but their loud sweary parents may be the type who will be around within seconds hammering at your door ready to tear you another one for daring to admonish their children

takemetomars Sat 01-Oct-16 17:37:01

If they really are playing in the road at such a young age, you can report this. This is parental neglect and the police would be interested.
Can't help with the screaming!

JellyBelli Sat 01-Oct-16 17:56:45

There will be a way to report this locally, without having to report to the police. Noise pollution is an issue and so are nuisance neighbours.

missbishi Sat 01-Oct-16 18:49:05

In my city, this would certainly count as a nuisance and noise pollution. Do get in touch with your local council as soon as you can and best of luck : )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now