Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why anyone would buy fake make up

(15 Posts)
Fanfeck Sat 01-Oct-16 11:46:03

Personally I'm not a fan of fake anything, I don't see the point. I would rather Primark (Penneys here) than fake from a stall or dodgy website.

Make up though just seems utterly pointless, no? Fake Mac, brushes and now Kylie lip kits are popping up everywhere and people are going mad for them. It won't even have been tested, you don't know what you're getting and it's going on your skin!
There are numerous reputable cheap brands of make up, why would anyone resort to fake just for a pack that nobody will even see?

DerekSprechenZeDick Sat 01-Oct-16 11:48:53

People go crazy for the name

I infact love my Poundshop mascara. It's the best one I've had.

HeCantBeSerious Sat 01-Oct-16 11:49:29

Apparently calling it "replica" rather than "fake" is okay. confused

19lottie82 Sat 01-Oct-16 11:49:41

People (are a bit daft) and don't realise it's fake.

Or for the same reason the majority the majority of people buy the real stuff - they want the name / brand. That's more important than the actual product.

TheMaddHugger Sat 01-Oct-16 11:50:35

lol are you talking about Aliexpress ?

Costacoffeeplease Sat 01-Oct-16 11:52:51

Why do people buy fake anything?

Fanfeck Sat 01-Oct-16 12:11:39

So others assume it's real, I'd have thought?

So why bother with make up when nobody will be any the wiser what brand it's meant to be?

SistersOfPercy Sat 01-Oct-16 12:15:14

Lead, arsenic, cyanide. Just a few of the ingredients of fake makeup...

mashable.com/2015/11/10/fake-makeup-china/

But hey, whats a bit of poisoning when you've got a MAC compact in your bag.
Morons. Morons everywhere.

HerFaceIsaMapOfTheWorld Sat 01-Oct-16 13:59:57

I suppose to show off like they have the real thing. I have no idea why you would buy fake make up too and MAC is SO overrated

houseymchousewife Sat 01-Oct-16 14:14:02

I opened a return on eBay when sold fake make up. The seller sent me a message saying return envelope was in the post - then refunded me anyway the next day. I did post it back when the envelope finally arrived but during that time I received a barrage of abuse calling me a crook!

ImTiredMum Sat 01-Oct-16 14:19:44

Fanfeck I'm the same as you, I will not buy fake anything. When it comes to make-up I'm just confused as you are.

But speaking of other items such as clothes and bags, people will buy fake because they want the item so badly and can't afford to buy real.

StStrattersOfMN Sat 01-Oct-16 14:24:05

We've unintentionally bought fake Opi nail varnish from Amazon sad

HughLauriesStubble Sat 01-Oct-16 14:42:29

Anyone who buys fake makeup is an idiot hmm It could literally be manufactured anywhere using god knows what and isn't subject to any safety testing. You might as well be pouring bleach into your eyes. You'd be better off buying the cheapest poundshop stuff, at least you know that it's been manufactured under saftey regulations.

What makes me laugh is sellers on faceboom advertising Naked palettes and Gucci perfume for 50% of the rrp and eejits will always cooment asking if it's real. Well, duh! hmm

HughLauriesStubble Sat 01-Oct-16 14:43:23

Sorry, should have said anyone who knowingly buys fake makeup is an idiot

JellyBelli Sat 01-Oct-16 14:50:31

Another vote for Poundshop make up. I use the black waterproof mascara and its as good as my branded Rimmel.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now