Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to mention noise to neighbours?

(11 Posts)
JammyDodger16 Fri 30-Sep-16 21:09:53

Lovely neighbours, no issues at all apart from a 4 night a week game habit. He plays it from around 8pm to midnight and we think it is something like Call of Duty, very rumbly.
It's not technically loud enough to complain to anyone but it's really getting to us. It's constant rumbling, bass and in a narrow terrace we feel like the room is vibrating.

We are happy to chat to him, lovely couple, but I don't want to say anything if IABU

What would you do?

BlancheBlue Fri 30-Sep-16 21:11:09

Tell him to turn sub woofer down

JammyDodger16 Fri 30-Sep-16 21:12:22

We wondered if that's what it was. We think he has it under the stairs and it acts like a speaker and ricochets it across to our staircase (houses are mirror of each other)

SlinkyVagabond Fri 30-Sep-16 21:14:04

Or suggest he gets some headphones. (Though then he will shout at the other players. <glares at ds2>)

BlancheBlue Fri 30-Sep-16 21:14:27

You can usually turn the bass down. Just knock and ask and to turn down. Do you both own or rent?

JammyDodger16 Fri 30-Sep-16 21:16:39

We own, they rent.

I'm happy to mention it to him, just wasn't sure whether I really had any right to as technically it's not loud, just bassy

WindInThePussyWillows Fri 30-Sep-16 21:18:21

YANBU to mention it in a friendly manner, they may be completely unaware it impacts your home life.
If they then continue you WNBU to tell them to shut the fuck up!

JammyDodger16 Fri 30-Sep-16 21:19:42

Ha ha! I suspect they are completely unaware. I will mention it to him tomorrow. It's like torture!

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Fri 30-Sep-16 21:24:30

Hang a rug on the wall. Will muffle the noise.

JammyDodger16 Fri 30-Sep-16 21:36:35

I can't fit a rug - tv and shelves in the way

KnitsBakesAndReads Fri 30-Sep-16 22:54:55

He might not be aware that the sound travels so badly. If you're on good terms with them then sounds like there would be no harm mentioning it to them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now