We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To feel old

(15 Posts)
PurpleRainy Fri 30-Sep-16 17:38:23

I know im BU. I feel bloody old at 30! Ive been married a year and am having fertility treatment. Ive been in my career for 9 years and have lost all interest. Nights out dont even interest me anymore! Wtf!envy

LucyLocketLostIt Fri 30-Sep-16 17:44:42

You are BU.

PurpleRainy Fri 30-Sep-16 17:45:30

Ive lost my mojo hmm

RedSauceAndJellyJuice Fri 30-Sep-16 17:50:51

nah , your mojo is just having a little rest
Put some music on , turn up the volume and throw out some moves grin

PurpleRainy Fri 30-Sep-16 17:51:39

I need to do something! Life has become heavy

SaucyJack Fri 30-Sep-16 17:52:40

Does it matter? Genuinely. Are you happy?

Embrace the PJs and Netflix.

PurpleRainy Fri 30-Sep-16 17:55:01

No saucy im not happy im at a crossroads. I always wanted to be loved and married now sometimes i want the single life. I wanted kids but now im going to struggle the resolve is leaving me hmm

RedSauceAndJellyJuice Fri 30-Sep-16 18:08:28

I know it must be hard and it will take longer but it will be worth it
I think we need to think more here and now things to boost you up
New hobbies ?
Eating out more ?
Slight change of career ?
Short break ?

PurpleRainy Fri 30-Sep-16 18:13:41

Im off sick at mo GP signed me off for a week. I just needed a break. The people i work with are bitchy and the office is too hot combined with hormonal treatment it makes me feel ill. My social group is small and everyones always so busy so i just stop asking to do things

Maudlinmaud Fri 30-Sep-16 18:17:46

I think its normal. Everyone adjusts eventually. Some people take hitting 30 quite hard.

confusedandemployed Fri 30-Sep-16 18:21:02

YABU but I hope you feel better soon.

I'm 43 (and a half come next week) and shortly off for a night out with my 27yr old mate. It will involve copious fun and alcohol. DH is staying home.

Seriously though I am sympathetic. What is it that you particularly want to change?

PurpleRainy Fri 30-Sep-16 18:26:08

God knows lol. I feel stuck do i want a baby? Do i want this treatment? Its draining me. I need the motivation to get off my arse and do something😑😑

confusedandemployed Fri 30-Sep-16 18:28:13

Do you think it might be worth suspending the treatment, just for a bit to give yourself time to get yourself together and be sure it's really what you want at this stage? Ithe can be very draining and I can imagine you no longer feel like yourself any more.

Ginslinger Fri 30-Sep-16 18:28:19

I get this - I'm 61 and feel full of life but I remember feeling like you did when I was in my thirties. I was in a different position but the job, being an adult blah blah - I wondered what had happened. It will come back, don't give in. Keep on trucking

PurpleRainy Fri 30-Sep-16 18:32:37

Thanks I'm being a depressive today!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now